Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Oh! That's gota hurt.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chunk-O-Funk, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Found this one on the Alembic web site, through a link on the Marcus Miller message board.

OH! The Pain

WARNING: This material is extremely graphic in nature and should not be viewed by children, or the old, or teenagers, or the middle-aged. Just about anyone who has an appreciation for nice instruments.

2. WHY GOD WHY, OH THE HUMANITY

i dont think i can sleep 2nite:bawl:

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Can be fixed... my friend currently has a 1952 Gibson Les Paul guitar with that exact thing that happened to it being fixed by Gibson for a few hundred bucks. Well, quite a few hundred bucks, due to the age of the instrument and the effort they are going throguh to match the paint.

4. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    oh my goodness. of course, super gluing it in is out of the question? i would take it back to alembic. even just to hear them scream.

5. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    The interesting thing about that photo, after I got over the shock of seeing such a gorgeous instrument shattered, was the Squier guitar in with all the high-end basses...

Egads, I hope that can be fixed. I've never even heard of an Alembic breaking like that...

6. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    I'm speechless, that bass is gorgeous. I hope he can get it fixed with little trouble.

wow.

7. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove

High end as in the Ibanez sitting on the stand in the corner of the "studio"??!?!:eyebrow:

8. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I just spit my coke out all over my monitor.

I mean if that was a Squier i'd just lol it up but, oh my god.

9. wow i honestly dont know what i would have done
    i'm sure that thing wasnt cheap and i'm sure getting it fixed isnt going to be cheap either.

o my god i'm like speachless .

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yes they are several, SEVERAL thousand dollars... getting it fixed would probably cost about a thousand as well, if he wanted it to be done well. Maybe a little less.Depends how its broken i think.

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That was one seriously big brass control plate. I think the bass must have been so tired of having to carry all that weight that it tried to kill itself.

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    And ^^ I dont think the appearence of the Squier is tha tfunny because there is also an Ibanez BTB in the backround... The alembic is really the only expensive bass i see.

13. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    [​IMG]

14. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I have a friend that has a one-off Alembic prototype hollowbody (kind of like the Gibson ES design) and had to have the electronics worked over. Alembic charged him over $1500 just to replace those parts. I would hate to see the bill for that.

15. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Wow, I sure wouldn't wish that on anyone... Hope it works out OK for him.

16. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    that's devastating! :bawl:

17. I find it really funny :D , but someone explain to me how does a headstock pops out of your guitar.....

18. Son of Magni

Son of Magni

May 10, 2005
    NH
    Builder: ThorBass
    That really is serial #12. Knowing the kind of people at Alembic, I'd be very surprised if they didn't cut him a break on the repair cost.

19. Son of Magni

Son of Magni

May 10, 2005
    NH
    Builder: ThorBass
    You seriously need mental help :spit:

20. +1

Just imagine whose hands probably built that bass! There's more mojo in some of the splinters than most of us have in our entire collections.

:crying: