I'm at a point where I'm not sure what to do anymore. I currently play a Benevente as my main bass and recently assembled a custom FrankenFender Jazz bass as a backup. The problem is that the backup bass seems to have the tone I really want over the Benavente, even though the Benavente is already almost exactly what I was looking for so I never gave it much thought that I could find my ideal tone elsewhere. I'm now considering the fact that I could sell the Benavente and get a cheaper backup bass and save some cash for more gear and things. I love the Benavente, and it's one of the very first ones built, but feel like it would be a waste to have it sit in a case until I need it for a couple songs during a set. I would love to keep both, of course, but I just don't see that being the best thing if I can give the Benavente a new home. Tomorrow will be the true test. First band practice with the new bass and I will probably play a few gigs before I really make the final decision, so we'll see if the Fender keeps up. Just venting my indecision.