Oh, the humanity...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by masaru, Oct 7, 2002.

1. masaru

Aug 8, 2001
    Okinawa, Japan
    I just cruised over to MF and was aghast when I saw the ad:

The New Ibanez K5 Fieldy Sig Bass :rolleyes:

Pass the barf bags, please!!!
  2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Sorry, we're all out of bags... you can use this hat...

3. Hehe...I've known about this P.O.S. I won't go within a 100 feet of it. Not really but I still think it's a terrible idea.
  4. masaru

Aug 8, 2001
    Okinawa, Japan
    And they had the nerve to post the pic between a Sting sig and a Warwick Corvette!

Pass that hat over here again!
  5. yeah what a shame !

a Fieldy signature bass should be amongst Fodera's, F-basses and such !

:rolleyes: :p

** runs away screaming like a little girl, whilst being hunted down by angy Talkbass members **
  6. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    It's probably a decent bass. And hey, Fieldy the (bass?) player doesn't suck as much as some of you want him to, but his attitude indeed does.

"And they had the nerve to post the pic between a Sting sig and a Warwick Corvette!"

So what? It's just a bass. It's not like posting the diarrhea girl picture next to a pic of the Pope.
  7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    1.-this thread has been done before at least three times (along with OMG MARK HOPPUS SIGNATURE BASS OMG threads)

2.- its just a bass... probably a good one (Spankbass can give you a nice review and pictures)

3.- yes, he doesn't "deserve" it but it's all about money anyway.

4.- hellooo!? Fieldy bashing is soo last year...

8. A local music store has one in (Ibanez is about all they have, actually....) and I played it.

It was actually really good, the neck was nice - very flat - the B was quite tight and could be heard clearly, and so on.

Pretty much like a good 5-string bass.

Pity about the Fieldy signature and that awful "K5" logo on it.
  9. masaru

Aug 8, 2001
    Okinawa, Japan
    This was not intended to be a Fieldy bashing thread nor has it become one. Just my thoughts on something I ran across on the web. And as far as this being done before, hasn't practically everything been touched upon at least once in these forums? I thought this was a place we could come and just lay down some words for others to read or ignore as they see fit. What's the point of these forums if folks are gonna bash us for posting "last year's news"? Which reminds me, if someone asks for help or an answer to a specific question "Do a search" is NOT particularly helpful. Let's all share what knowledge we may have instead of asking a fellow TB'er in need to search endless threads that usually don't answer their question...
  10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    It's not like the body was formed into the word "Korn" by pouring luthite into a mold. The bass doesn't look bad at all, kinda like a Yamaha, and it's made with some good woods rather than that luthite crap. Forget the name on the bass-it probably plays much better than the RockBass Corvette or the Sting Fender.

And if someone has a specific question, I think it's FAR more beneficial to give them a link to another thread dealing with the same subject that has LOTS of answers to their question rather than just post a new one.