Oh well, try again!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Inside sources say that Interscope has rejected the latest Limp Di....er Bizkit album, because it's not that good. How long will it be before Wes Borland receives a tearful pleading phone call from Fred Durst. If you look just over his right shoulder, you can see the fork's handle!
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Hehehe, and Modern Talking just disbanded - there's still hope for the world :spit: :D
  3. Given the state of the music industry today, how bad would a record have to be not to get released? Didn't Sony payoff Maria Carey not to release one of her records?

Maybe there's hope yet.
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  5. posted by JT

Hope for good bands that create interesting music that is outside of the pop "mainstream" getting signed and promoted.

On second thought, maybe not.
  6. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Actually this is kind of scarey to me. I don't want the music industry telling me what I can and can not release.

More and more I think that you are best of just being independent. Its not like the music industry is going to be blowing big bucks on their artists anymore. So what are they good for asside from sucking up all your profits?
  7. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    It depends on the contract. "Better" contracts require the record co. to release a specified number of albums, as well as certain promotion committments for the album. It appears Limp Biz didn't have one of those, and the record co. can contractually decide not to release the album in its judgment. Curious as to whether exercising this right permits Limp Biz to shop it elsewhere, or if they're locked in.

There have been cases with other artists where the record co. is obligated to release the album, but not to throw good money after bad to promote it. They don't sell, then quickly find their way into the discount bin.
  8. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    yah.....seeing all the crap that gets let out into the world makes ya wonder how it could possibly be rejected........oh my god! I just thought of something.....maybe they actually got some talent! oh wait.....uh....maybe not, but it almost makes sense!
  9. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    They can get your CDs into the stores and on the radio. Indie bands top off at a certain audience size and to take "the next step" you need to be with a major label. If selling millions of CDs and playing stadiums is of no interest to you, then you don't need major labels.

I'm glad to say I won't have to make this decision any time soon :D
  10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Heck, they released "Goats Head Soup" and "Satanic Majesties Request". But hey, it's LIMP Bizkit, hardly a "Stones" type track record.
  11. One wonders what it was actually like?

And will it still be called "Panty Sniffer"? :rolleyes: