Oh what to choose...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dan Molina, Jul 20, 2005.

Which would you choose?

Poll closed Jul 27, 2005.
  1. BTB405QM

31 vote(s)
  2. Spector Legend 5

38 vote(s)
  3. Schecter Stiletto Elite 5

10 vote(s)
  1. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I'm looking for a very hi-fi sounding bass and I don't wanna spend any more than $700. I narrowed my choices down to 3.

Spector Legend 5

Schecter Stiletto Elite 5
  2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
  3. Go for the Spector dude. The BTB would be a close second for me, I just love those monorail bridges.
  4. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    I haven't played the Legend but I have heard nothing but good comments towards it. The BTB's are also nice basses.
  5. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Both the Spector and Ibanez are amazing basses for the money - I think the deciding factor should be whether you like tighter (Spector) or wider (Ibanez BTB) string-spacing. Other than that, it's a win-win deal.

For my taste, I'd go Spector.
  6. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I've posted this in two different forums. Here, and musicianforums.com. The BTB is second rated in both polls, but heres the problem. Here on talkbass the spector is winning by the majority of votes. On MX the bulk of the votes go to the schecter...what's a guy to do.
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Go for the spector
  8. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    we can help you to make your best desicion making,but the final pick is your own responsability.
  9. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Go for the Spector. I did! :)
  10. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I say go with the Ibanez. I hope to be getting the six string version soon. When I played it, I was really surprised with how well it played and sounded, at a good price. The monorail bridge and Neutrik locking jack are also great features.

11. Without question, the Spector.
  12. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    +1 All good choices but I lean towards the Ibanez.
  13. ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    i was very impressed with some spectors i played recently. surprisingly well constructed, i can see why everyone loves them. BUT, that string spacing is just too narrow for my tasted.

i still picked the spector because of the tone.
  14. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    As did I! Excellent bass, wide variety of tones, feels like a four string when playing it.
  15. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    I say go for the BTB I played a Spector Legend 5 I thought it was absolutely horrible it played like junk sounded horrible the only thing nice about it was the finish.
  16. The Spector is a great bass
    I've also have heard lost of great coments about the Schecter