1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Oh Wise and Benovolent FX Denizens-

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Captain_Arrrg, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Captain_Arrrg

Captain_Arrrg

Jan 23, 2008
    Mountains of Colorado
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I am currently running:

Bass->Qtron+->Carvin BX1200 with Bass Big Muff->Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai in it's FX loop.

What I am looking to do it acquire some magic device that will let me switch my BBM+SMMH combo between my BX1200 FX loop and my Qtron+ FX loop. Like this:

SwitchP.

Does such a thing exist? Could it be made? Am I insane?!?

:help:

2. shoegazebass

shoegazebass Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Sf Bay Area
    Hya! It looks like you want a looper (sometimes called a true-bypass looper) pedal. There's a few of these around - take a look at loop-master.com or http://www.toadworksusa.com/RB.html for examples. There's several different makes, shapes and sizes, though.

3. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    clean/dirty switcher

That's the box you posted, but I'm not convinced it'll do exactly what you want.

4. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Am I understanding this right, you have the Bass Big Muff and SMMH in the effects loop of your amp? If so, why? Those are instrument level boxes so I'm not sure why you'd be running them at line level. I'm just curious.

As for your question, it sounds like you want a WOBO double looper

[​IMG]

It will let you turn either loop on or off as you wish, and most importantly, the invert switch toggles both A & B switches. So if they're both on, they'd both go off or in your case, if one was on and one was off, it would switch that.

Here's the double looper page on the WOBO website.

Hope that helps.

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, Lehle makes some nice ones too. But try running all of your fx in whatever looper you choose, all in front of the amp. The amp's loop isn't always ideal.

6. Captain_Arrrg

Captain_Arrrg

Jan 23, 2008
    Mountains of Colorado
    I knew this would come up... The short answer is that that's where I want them and have yet to experience any problems doing so.

I was surprised the SMMH worked, I read some negative reviews regarding it and loops, but no problems at all. Which was key to my keeping it- I wanted it's looping feature after everything, including my amp's drive and compressor. I credit Carvin, very underrated.

Looking into all your suggestions....

7. Captain_Arrrg

Captain_Arrrg

Jan 23, 2008
    Mountains of Colorado
    So I looked at them all and they are all what I'm looking for, all at different prices and extras to go with them... I'm going to have to think on this.

8. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I've seen like 5 people use the word "denizen" after bongo said it. It's the new buzzword.

bongo, use "exculpate" in a sentence. We'll see how far we can take this.

9. Captain_Arrrg

Captain_Arrrg

Jan 23, 2008
    Mountains of Colorado
    Maybe you only started to notice the use of "denizen" after bongo used it... That is to say, maybe you are the one that is subconsciously linked to bongo.

You must be for you to come into a thread for no reason other than to bring him up! :D

And since no one else said it I will: "Captain, you spelled benevolent wrong! Stupid newb!"

I'm sorry! I never use the topic box, so I forgot to spell-check it. :bawl:

10. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
  11. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Search for the word "denizen." No one used it. Bongo did. Now it's a buzzword.

And for the record, everyone already knows that I'm in love with bongo. I just wish I could get him to notice me. :atoz:

12. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I just searched.

The word "denizen" hadn't been used since September of 07. Since bongo said it, it's popped up like 15 times.

13. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Official enough for me, (and, Spanky, he's noticed you, it's a simple game of hard to get. Don't give up)

14. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    *crosses fingers*

15. I'm offended. Spanky, I thought we shared something!?

16. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    You never called!

17. My bad. :(

18. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Your bad? Your bad? Is that all you have to say for yourself?!?!?!?!?!

Snake, sometimes I doubt if we can ever really make this work.

19. Spanky, please! I promise, I can make up for it. Its just between school, work, music, I'm always so busy. But I'll make time, I promise!

20. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    FWIW the word "denizen" forever entered my vocabulary via the Mos Eisley Cantina when I was seven.

[​IMG]