Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Oh yeah!! A New 6 String!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by reedith, Jan 25, 2001.

1. Hey everybody, I just wanted to let you all know that I just got back from the store with my new Peavey Cirrus 6 string... WOW!!! Man, this bass rules. I've always been a fan of the Cirrus line and when I played this one yesterday in the store it felt soooooo good. Ummm, the bass that is... Anyhow, I was also trying out an ash-body 6-string Dingwall, but the price was just about twice as much so I decided to go with the Cirrus. Ane besides, not just because I bought the Cirrus, but I couldn't really tell too much of a difference between the tone of the basses, asides from a really nice and tight B-string on the dingwall, but the graphite rods in the neck and a really solid neck thru body gives the Cirrus a great B-string too.

The wood combination on this bass is the Maple/Alder body and Maple neck with a Pau Ferro fretboard. The body is also a nice, dark Peacock Blue color. Overall, it's a great looking instrument that plays extremely well. I was very surprised because after all, like everyone always says "It's a Peavey". It looks like I shouldn't have any regrets about this bass because it looks great, plays great, and sounds great. Well, I wanted you all to be the first to know and maybe I'll find some other Cirrus 6'ers out there!

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I have been trying to find the right 6-string for myself for the past few months. There have been several that I thought were ok, but none that were quite right. Now, Peavey has come out with the one feature that was lacking for my taste...
    ...Maple fretboards on the Cirrus basses. As soon as I can hunt down a Maple Cirrus 6-string with a maple fretboard, I'll be a member of the Cirrus club :D.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Great basses for the price!

I almost bought a quilted maple fretless 5 in Crimson before I found the great deal on a used Zon.

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    you know, i played a cirrus 6 string yesterday. it was maple with a flamed walnut top...i owned a peavey amp, and i swore i would never own anything with the name peavey on it again, but i swear, that bass was sweet. if the body weren't so huge, i might get one...i'm one of those little elven bassists...even my thumb looks like i'm playing an acoustic upright over my shoulder :D

5. LvHooters

LvHooters

Sep 20, 2000
    Congrats on the Cirrus 6...I just got a Cirrus 4 a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE it..so I know exactly how you feel..Mines Walnut with Bubnga and an oil finish..ENJOY

[Edited by LvHooters on 01-27-2001 at 09:43 PM]

6. Peavey have not had a good rap with their basses, but when the Cirrus line came out about two years ago, they finally got it right. Both Bass Player and the now defunct Bassist gave them excellent reviews.