Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Munjibunga, May 17, 2003.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Thursday, May 15, 2003, was to be the day the earth's poles reversed, and 90 percent of the world's population would die. This was to have been caused by a close passing of a rogue planet (yes Rogue would totally suck then). As you probably can tell, this did not occur. A person who goes by "Pole Shift" has been hosting an AOL chat room called "Pole shift questions" for several years, in which he/she has consistently propounded this theory. His/her data source is a web site called www.zetatalk.com. I'm trying to get ahold of him/her to discuss what went wrong, and perhaps get a revised date for what ultimately would amount to the end of the world as we know it.

More on this later. I'll get back to you on this.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hmmm....maybe your part of the country was immune or something. I was sitting around over at the mall waiting for this to happen so's I could pick through some dead folks pockets and sure enough...90% and now I'm 63 bucks richer. Woohoo! Thanks, Pole Shift!

brad cook

3. A friend of mine was going on and on about it as well.......

Was is just another internet conspiracy theory?

:meh:

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Oh ya? Well, according the the Mayan calendar, time ends on December 12, 2012. That is the day that I will turn 25, so boo ya.

:p

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    So when will the war of the worlds occur?

6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    mike, im to lazy to do the math...how old are you?

bp13

7. We're ALL DOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!

*looks at calendar...*

AHHH!! I've been doomed without even knowing it!!!!!

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    sheesh...damn doom...always sneakin' up and doomin' people.

brad cook

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Speaking of rifling through dead folks stuff (since we were all speaking of that) my fiance and I were picking out our wedding bands last week and when we walked in there was a kind of creepy guy finishing some business with the jeweller. Not sure what was creepy about him but you'd know it if you saw it. Anyway we were talking about buying and selling gold and jewelry and the kind of stuff people bring in and he says "Check this out." and pours these chunks of kind of dirty looking gold out onto the counter just as I started to touch one I realized what they were...old gold tooth caps. I kind of recoiled with a "Uugggh!" and he said that the creepy guy brings those in every week. His theory is that the guy is a mortician but he doesn't ask. :rolleyes: Weirdness.

brad cook

10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I R 15. 12/12/87 is the b-day of t3h m1k3.

11. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Hey brad, if the guy comes in every week, apparently the store is buying :eek:

Enjoy your new wedding bands.......whats that green thing on it? :eek: :D

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Mr. Munji, thank you so much. If you hadn't posted this, I wouldn't have known about the doom I experienced on the 13th....

:rolleyes:

....I must be in denial still, I just mowed my now non-existant lawn, and I was most likely dead.

;)

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah they ARE buying. That was why the jeweller had them. They buy any kinda gold basically I guess! I didn't really make that clear that the creepy guy was gone by this time I suppose.

brad cook

14. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    and typing into that other figmant of your imagination sitting on your desk......

The thing that gets me about these doomsday cults is how incredible disappointed that are when they don't drop dead???????

15. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Wow...good catch: Double denial....I'm really messed up.

:D

Yeah, they're almost as incredibly disappointed as I am that they didn't drop dead...

;)

16. Dumfish

Dumfish

Oct 6, 2001
    Santa Rosa, Ca
    Wait...Why would 90% of the population die?

17. Ahh horesecrap, I sent them all my money too. :(

18. Damn it, where is that blasted apocalypse chart when I need it.

Oh, here it is. Make of it what you will.

Oh yes, and the noble Tom reasons that a magnetic pole shift would either

a) Kill you instantly when you fly towards the end of the Earth

Or

b) Go unnoticed.

[​IMG]

19. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I'm in a bit of a bad mood today. I printed this chart and taped it to the wall above my desk at work. Everyone's avoiding me now - mission acomplished.