1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Oh Yeah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Ladies and gentlemen....i give you the reason i use fuuzzzzzz...

and why he's the best bad ass mofo bassist ever

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    +1 million.

Graham is f-ing awesome. I have one of those Jet Phasers, and it absolutely slays. Now I need "Big Foot"!

Oh yeah, and I probably need to work on my playing technique too...

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Love that clip!

4. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Who makes/made that Jet Phaser?

5. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Roland.

Joe

6. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Ahhh, the Mutron octave divider - I can't think of a cooler pedal. It even does some sweet dub sounds with both the 'octave' and the 'bass' switch on :bassist:

7. bastard:D

theres one thing i really dig about larry, the first note he plays always bring a smile to my face and a shiver down my spine...i mean, wooooo, he da man...then when he starts singing that tops it all off

8. very cool clip :)
    he is pretty much a monster on bass :)

9. he is bass :D
    honestly, who can slap like that....noone, that man is the ultimate

10. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It's true, he doesn't even look like he's slapping, it just looks like he is casually pointing his thumb at the strings and out comes this amazing perfectly even and controlled slap tone. Love it.

11. Bad ass :D

12. i just started watchin one of the other excepts from that vid....heh, didnt know he called his bass sunshine!, and theres a 5 string LG moon too!......

but how nuts does he go with that jet phase...is that the jet phase by itself of mixed with the fuzz?

13. The vid doesnt work for me - it only gets up to where you see his pedals on the floor then finishes... weird. Anywhere else I can check out this clip?

14. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Totally badass.

"Told you they shoulda kept making that pedal!"

15. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yeah - they sond like that by themselves; built-in fuzz - I guess that's the 'Jet'-part!

I used to travel with (ran sound) for a band (Monarch) that did a lot of Rush, and their 'Eric L. character' (this dude - 'Riff Rosca' tried to look just like him - he even wore a wedding ring because Eric did!) had a Jet Phase (he had an exact setup like Mr. Lifeson).

Joe

16. watching it again really makes me want to buy a ProCo Juggernaut :) that is my favorite overdrive tone :)

17. Funkypants

Funkypants

Apr 17, 2006
    Man, the first time I saw this video (in it's intirelly) I was :eek:

I think that's the main point: pleasure to play.

Watch this every morning and you'll be smiling all day long :D:

18. i drove to work listening to GCS-Earthquake today:D....man id love to play that at a gig...

but everyone...see sig:D

watch what he plays at the end when talking about interacting with drums :eek:

19. A roland Jet Phaser just went to the top of my gas list.

20. Funkypants

Funkypants

Apr 17, 2006
    I didn't try it, but they say you can get the jet phaser thing going with the Line6 DM4.
    There's a jet fuzz distortion based on the "antique" roland effect. :)