1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Oh, you fickle, taunting weather...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Kawai-chang, Mar 11, 2013.

1. make it sunny and warmish on Sunday so I get out my lob wedge to take a few cuts, then dump rain all day Monday.

(Insert "Oh the humanity!" style of wailing.)

2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Low to mid 80s in SoCal with no rain in the forecast! :cool:

3. :mad:

4. TomA1234

TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    It's snowing over here in England. Yep, snow in March...

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    My buddies and I played 36 holes this weekend. Just sayin'...

6. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    In Chicago, we had rain and clouds all day Sunday--we were just thankful it warmed up to a high of 50. Today, we get a mix of rain and snow.:spit:

7. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Here in the mountains of Johnstown, PA, it was about 60 degrees F yesterday and supposed to be 90% chance of rain tonight and snow showers Tuesday with 29 degrees F. YIPPEE!! :rolleyes:

Of course, here it can be 75 degrees F one day and a foot of snow the next day. We get snow here in May sometimes.

8. Let me repeat from an above post: :mad:

9. BenBL

BenBL

Jun 25, 2012
    earlier in January I was longboarding in shorts and a t-shirt (55 F) on a Saturday and then Tuesday through Friday held the coldest weather we've had all year (single digits and below)

10. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    That's the only good thing about living in SoCal...

11. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    Same thing happens every March in the Great Lakes.

I love the rain storms that come in March and April. They water the dead grass, wash the dirty snow away, and clean the roads of salt.

Plus, in an hour I will go drive my car through it and get a free car wash.

12. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I also count 30 minutes to the beach and an hour to the mountains or desert another plus! :cool:

13. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    ..and great Mexican Food.

14. blastoff99

blastoff99

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA, USA

Surprise bonus sunshine today. It's the first day this year that I've said to myself, "Hey! Spring is not far off (maybe)!"

My golf lesson is tomorrow. It's supposed to be pouring by then.

15. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    There is a lot more to SoCal than just the weather.

For me its about 30 minutes in either direction for all three.

16. slobake

slobake resident ... something

When I was a kid in SoCal thing were different. We played outside all day and without shoes! None of these namby pamby video games. And another ... oops! sorry wrong thread.

17. SlowMike

SlowMike

Nov 28, 2012
    Got into the 50s here on Friday. Courses and ranges were packed as I was driving home from work. Things were looking great until we got 6" of snow yesterday. Clubs stay in the garage for another couple weeks.

18. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Hell yeah! No shoes, running across the burning asphalt! Stubbing toes on the sidewalk. Throwing oranges at each other and calling it war! Two hand touch (rough style) on the street, tackle in the front yard! Staying out til the sun went down out 9pm, climbing trees, hot women in bikinis! Ah, to be a SoCal Summer child! In early March!

19. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    After last summer - and especially the one before that, I wouldn't mind if it was permanently overcast and 50F year around.

If I had photovoltaic skin and ran on humidity, I could out-produce the Hoover Dam in August. Unfortunately all that energy just converts to my misery.

20. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    I can do that in Maine; I can climb Cadillac Mountain and see 270 degrees of ocean.

An hour later you're in the Great North Woods hunting Moose.

I don't see any benefit of the desert, personally.

And all that with a significantly lower COL and not having to worry about being shot by illegal cocaine traffickers!