Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rumzini, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Well...I did it. I went to the store and got me an RMX 2450, 4 space rack, and cables. I'm gonna run out of my Hartke 400...since I like the tones and control I get with it...also I could still use the Hartke's power section if like. Just a question. This is my first rack case...the QSC is in there now but I woun't be putting the Hartke in there 'till Sunday. At this point though I see that if I put it in there...the vents at the top of the Hartke would be blocked of air...thus would the fan sufficiently keep things cool? I had this problem when I was just pushing the Hartke by itself, it's protect circuit would come on...sooo...to remedy I reversed the airflow, (the fan), and didn't have any problems after. However I know that is not what the designers had intended so I just went and got the power amp. So there you have it..any advice?

BTW...2400 watts at 4 ohms bridged into one of Dave's, Avatar 212 and 410...handling together....2400 watts. I do believe I'll be getting another cab from him to hook up to the Hartke at 4 ohms...what the Hell!

BTWBTW...I've always wanted to get a Warwick Thumb or Infinity...'till today. Found my first Spector Euro at the shop...Dark blue type striped fade inot black paint job...gold harware...BEAUTIFUL...and played the best out of any bass I've played and felt the greatest and was the most expensive I've seen in "real life"!

Whew...I'm done.
  2. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

about the heat , the only thing i might suggest , is to get a 6 space rack ... put a blank face plate in the extra space . { i think you could pick this up at just about any music shop .}

the QSC should be able to handle anything you might throw at it . i'm running Avatar CB115 and CB112 { both 8 ohm - 600watt } and they sound very nice ... my Bergie HT310 sounds AWESOME !!
    congrats on the QSC , also , that Spector should be a fine match for your current set-up . have fun !! shake the rafters in the barn !! :cool:

edit: i also use a Hartke HA4000 , but not with my QSC set-up ...guess someone else is gonna have to help you hook up the Hartke to the QSC ...
  3. If you only use the Hartke as a preamp going into the QSC, then you shouldn't have any problems with heat. If it's not pushing a load (ie: a speaker cabinet) then the amplifier section is not being loaded, and not putting out significant amounts of heat.
  4. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
  5. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Oh my goodness. I had my first practice last night with the new QSC. It was just awesome!!! It seems a bit louder but the main thing it is a lot clearer at high volume. The guys were trying to talk between songs and I was enjoying drownding them out with an open D note. It looks great below the Hartke in the case. The colors compliment each other well. Of course no pics...maybe tonight. I'm also finding with each practice that I have just no real use for my Ibanez Phat Head other than just space filler. I made a small portable pedal case over the weekend so I guess I'll just keep it to take up space in it. Anyways...any advice on how to set up this rig for maximum results would be appreciated.

Ibanez BTB 510
    Ibanez Phat Head
    Boss Chorus
    Hartke 4000 (as preamp)
    QSC 2450