Ohio Bassist Club

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Auzzie-Phoenix, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeyswood

mikeyswood Inactive

Jul 22, 2007
    Cincinnati OH
    Luthier of Michael Wayne Instruments
    We need votes people! :)

2. Loki182

Loki182 Home by 10

May 13, 2009
    Columbus Ohio
    I pulled the trigger...I sold my Ampeg 610 HLF for 425 dollars and bought a used Eden D410T for 300...i didn't get to doodle much, but it seems to have a considerably more focused/tighter/modern sound than my old 610, which is exactly what i was hoping for.

3. Nice. I bet that baby's sweet.

BTW, anyone heading down to the Aladdin Shrine Temple tomorrow for the Ohio Guitar Show? The Low End will be bringing their basses up from Nashville. Can't wait to see what they have. I'll be there around 1.

4. I want go to but I've got band practice tomrorow. First one we've had in a couple of weeks and we're doing a benefit concert in a few weeks so I really shouldn't bug out.

5. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    I'm makeing a point of stopping by.

6. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Yes, Randy is a god.

7. Loki182

Loki182 Home by 10

May 13, 2009
    Columbus Ohio
    Speaking of the Shriners...I will be receiving an Entered Apprentice Degree at the York 563 F&AM Lodge on Monday...

8. wish i could go up to the show today... but the gods have decided to curse my car and as such it is not running. and sadly none of my friends are nice enough to help me out with the 1 hour ride it would take to get there :meh:

9. Oh man, that sucks bad. Too bad because there were some nice basses up there. I took an hour and played on one of the Low End's Foderas. It was a 6 string Emperor with a buckeye top. man that thing spoke to me like it was meant for me. I wanted it so bad but didn't have the $5000 it took to take it home. They kept on touting me saying, "Man, you sound good on that thing." Yeah right, you're just trying to sell me the thing. He even hired guys to come up out of nowhere and ask me how long I've been playing. It was worth every penny of $5000 though, easily. Now I know why Fodera has a 2 year waiting list.

10. An hour from Mason to Columbus? What do you use, jet fuel in your tank? :D

11. Justin told me he was going to be up there with Brian and Daryl Jones. Wish I could have gone. But maybe it's just as well. I would hate to be tempted by a $5000 bass.

12. Yeah, shame on Brian for bringing that up from Tennessee. I sooooo want one now. He kept letting play it to get me hooked on that 6 string crack rock and I almost caved in.

13. haha its not that bad really... i live 5 minutes away from the fields ertel exit off 71. not sure exactly where this thing was taking place but its 1:15 normal speed from my house to my friends place up at osu, but i can usually knock 10 ir 15 minutes off that :ninja:

14. I think the fastest I've ever made it from Columbus was an hour and 15 minutes and I would never do it again. :D

15. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    Shoot son, it takes me 4 hours to get there.

16. You need to stay away from these guitar shows. You'll end up in credit card debt so deep your grandkids will have to sell their house.

17. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Did you just "son" EagleMoon? That is humorous on a couple of different levels. :smug: :p

18. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

Thanks!

19. speaking from experience? :eyebrow:

20. Not on this end. :D

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.