1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ohio Bassists-almost there

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MEKer, Apr 8, 2009.

1. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Well, a couple of months ago I was asking about the music scene in Columbus, areas to live, etc. Got a lot of good responses for which I am grateful. Now its arranged and will be moving into a place in Reynoldsburg! Me, the family and a Mayflower truck should arrive around the 24th of this month. I'll take a few days getting settled and getting internet set back up. I'm excited about the move and can't wait to go exploring the music scene there and meeting other musicians. I printed off most of the comments y'all made when I asked my initial questions so I'll put your guidance to use! Thanks again and hope to meet some fellow TB'ers when settled.

2. I used to live in Reynoldburg. It's a decent town. I live way up north now in Sunbury. I still work in Reynoldsburg though. We should hook up when you come in town.

3. mwalle1

mwalle1

Apr 19, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Welcome to the OSU Buckeyes world! I play bass in Cincy but saw the Ohio thing and thought I would chime in..Welcome to OHIO.

Peace & Bass

MW

4. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Thanks guys and I'll give you a holler, capnsandwich,when settled. Originally from Findlay but been gone 'lo these many years!

5. badstonebass

badstonebass

Jun 7, 2006
    ohio
    Welcome. Columbus is OK but what I feel is really GREAT about Ohio is the small town music scene.

There are a lot of great local bands to go see. PLUS a LOT of festivals and fairs to catch bands as well.

6. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Yeah, I'd heard that also-can't wait to do some looking around!

7. Just let me know if you need tips on good food in the area, and what parts of Reynoldsburg have gone to crap. My apt. complex is right off of Brice Rd. been living here for years and know the vicinity decently well.

8. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    will do Auzzie!