Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OHIO MUSIC SCENE

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Captain Freedom, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Is there anyone out there from Ohio?
    Or know weather Ohio has a decent hard rock music scene, as far Getting a hard rock band started.
    I'm thinking of relocating From Boston.(pretty stail here)
    Don't ask me why Ohio, It just keeps creeping up in my life. Maybe someones tring to tell me someting. Any help will be greatly apreciated.

Freedom :D :cool:

2. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    cleveland--->rock and roll hall of fame

thats all i know, im from michigan.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I'm in Columbus, and until a few years ago was active in the Cleveland music scene.

Ohio is really no better than anywhere else. Live music clubs dry up more and more every day.
    There are hard-rock clubs here and there, but nowhere near enough for you to make a living playing at them alone.

If your goal is to get a record deal, then Ohio is definitely NOT the state of choice.

4. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Eric is correct!

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Methinks that this is in the wrong Forum and will soon be moved.

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Youthunk right, Jeff.:D

7. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Ohio Music is rather broad. I live in Cleveland and used to live in Columbus and the scenes are way different. Cleveland has a mix of so much stuff and it's very hard to hit it big here.

One other thing: There is a LOT of metal in Cleveland. You can't swing a dead cat without finding a metal show. I am in 2 serious bands, both are hard rock but not quite METAL. We have both played shows where we would be considered light rock compared to the other bands.

One other thing:
    Check out 3-D Ballz at the Pit Feb. 9th and
    Check out Fival's Fuel Farm Feb. 27th at the Grog Shop...

If you are in town.