Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ohio State/Miami. What a game.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Max, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I have been pissed at the BCS for a variety of reasons. And I think the Orange Bowl and Rose Bowl were screwed up this year. But I gotta say tonight's game was outstanding. What a gutsy performance by both teams. Awesome game!

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Yes, and I am mighty proud of my home state bucks! I was hoping for a good game, but honestly didn't expect them to have a big shot at winning. I really hope the injured MU player will make a full recovery, that was one injury that was tough to watch.

3. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Hats off to the Scarlet and Gray Legions from THE Ohio State University!

As a University of Michigan fan, that was one tough statement to get out!:p

Next(this) year. . . .

4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Baaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.......stick it in your ear polka boy!!!!! :D

5. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    <MARQUEE>OSU WINS IT! OSU WINS IT! OSU WINS IT!

THEY SAID IT COULDN'T BE DONE!

OSU WINS IT!
    </MARQUEE>

6. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I never thought i'd see the Buckeyes win the National Championship in my lifetime. I'm a die-hard Buckeye fan, always have been. Lived in Ann Arbor for 3 years as a Buckeye fan. That's rough!!! What a game! They won like they did all season; with defense and big plays when needed. I was so tempted to make the trip to Columbus last night;) WAY TO GO BUCKEYES!!!!!
    Yeah, that injury to Mcgahee(sp?) was tough to watch. Hope he's alright.

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I hope the Buckeyes remembered to dump Gatorade on the official who made that horrible call. He was instrumental in you guys winning. Congrats on the win guys, but face it, you had it gift wrapped and handed to you.

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Obviously, the refs got thier envelopes before gametime, and the amount was more than expected.

9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

It's always nice to gig, but I was sorry I missed most of that game. :(

10. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    miami got the same call in the end zone on the next possesion and couldnt punch it in. if miami wouldnt have got their chance from the 2, i would agree that they were robbed. but, bottom line is osu's defense was able to hold on the goal line and miami's couldnt.

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    You could bring up whatever point you'd like, it's not going to change the fact that the game should have been over. There shouldn't have been a "next posession". Still, I say congrats!

12. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    The ref that made that call claims that the reciever was being held before the ball was in the air and continued to holding him after the ball was released, that's why he waited so long to throw the flag; once the ball was in the air, it became pass interference instead of holding and he had to replay it in his head to make sure he made the correct call. Hopefully he made the correct call, because the replay of the incompletion in the endzone absolutely was not interference. Oh well: HOORAY BUCKEYES!!!!

13. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Bad calls have been part of the game since football started. Both teams get calls thrown their ways. Those guys were all over each other throughout the play. I don't care whether it was a correct call or not, both teams played a great game, with some unbeleavable defenses. Hooray for the bucks!

14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Somehow I don't think you'd feel that way if the situation was reversed.

15. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    hey, i feel ya. i felt the same way after the snow job the raiders got dealt last year against the patsies. i would of loved a second bs call against the pats though to even out momentum.

16. Word.

I will grudgingly admit that I was impressed with OSU's level of play throughout the game, though... looked like a totally different team than the one that squeaked by us on Nov 23.

What's the word on McGahee? The injury looked bad, but I never heard what it was specifically or how serious.

Anyway, Buckeyes, enjoy your year of being [through clenched teeth] national champions...[swallows hard]. Ugh, I need a glass of water. ;)

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

This is not a legitimate national champion. They did not play the best team in the country, Oklahoma. Just more proof that we need a playoff for Division I football.

18. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    well hell in that case why not throw in usc. the 2 undefeated teams played in the fiesta bowl and thats good enough for me. if you want to say your the best team, dont lose. there was a lot of people that were saying iowa was a better team than osu and iowa got stomped.

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I am not an Oklahoma fan by any stretch of the imagination.:D I hate that school! But they were the best team in the country. The BCS is a flawed system, and needs to be replaced with a real playoff.

20. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I will agree that the BCS is flawed and would love to see a playoff system. But, up until friday, most people were saying that Miami was absolutely the best team in the country, and hey, maybe they are, they've definetly got the most talent. But for that one game, and some luck, Ohio State was the team that made the big plays when it counted. Is OSU the best team in the country? I don't know, if they played Miami again, maybe Miami would win. But under the current system, they are the only undefeated team left and very deserving of the National Championship. Heck, theyre the first Div. I team to win 14 games in a season.
    Who'd Oklahoma lose to? Texas? If so, does that make Texas a better team? Sorry Embellisher, IMHO Oklahoma very well have beaten OSU or Miami, but they didn't deserve to play for all the beans. WAY TO GO BUCKEYES!!!