1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ohm calculator

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KJung, May 12, 2006.

1. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Roger Sadowsky has included a very nice, easy to use ohm calculator for up to four cabinets on his 'Sadowsky Sound' site. Very easy to use.

Here's a link you can bookmark that will take you right to the calculator.

Thanks Roger and team!

http://www.sadowsky.com/pages/pop_up/impedance.html

2. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    and if for some reason the internet fails or you cant access it...

1/R = 1/R1 +1/R2 + ... :D

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Or for two cabinets...product divided by sum...

4. Metron, are you at Mines? Or just in a lucky location? My wife went to grad school there. I think Sadowsky's impedance calculator is great for people whose eyes glaze over when math more complicated than counting change is required. I tell people that it is "the reciprocal of the sum of the reciprocals" and 45% faint, 45% attack me and the other 10% say, "Oh, that's easy."

5. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Even though I fall into that last 10%, is it really that hard to remember the few relationships we deal with in bass cabs?

The only cabs I've seen on the market are 4Ω, 8Ω, occasionally 5.33Ω and maybe the odd 2Ω cab. That means that we're dealing with 3 common situations, and at most 6 others.

Then again maybe I take for granted being in that 10% who can figure out arithmetic.