1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ohm Studio -- Collaborative music workstation, coming soon

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Wild_Cat, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Wild_Cat

Wild_Cat

Feb 14, 2009
    Montréal, QC
    This was announced sometime last week: http://www.ohmstudio.com/ (watch the video!)

Basically, it's a DAW where many people can work on the same song at once, and everything is synced/backed up/versioned through the Internet. It also has built-in chat and what appears to be some kind of community/social network (gah, I hate that word) that you can use to find people to collaborate with.

There's a ton of questions about the system I'd like to see answered (how is copyright handled, what is the pricing model, are private servers supported, etc.), but from their video it looks extremely promising. Plus it'd allow people with obscure tastes like me to find like-minded, obscure-tasted musicians to make obscure music with (nobody around here wants to do metal arrangements of vintage video game tunes :( ).

If it delivers and is reasonably-priced, I'm gonna have to get myself a Windows PC or a Mac.

What do you guys think?

2. Looks kind of cool, especially for getting ideas together etc!

However, Nuendo has been able to do this for years! It works really well when all up and running, and a few of my friends have been making tracks like this for a while.

That said, Nuendo is very expensive, so Ohm Studio is probably a better bet for most people...

3. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Mac...

4. Wild_Cat

Wild_Cat

Feb 14, 2009
    Montréal, QC
    Actually, even though the video shows the Mac version, it's also Windows compatible.