Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ohms from Amp to Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ryan morris, Oct 14, 2003.

1. ryan morris

ryan morris Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    ok.. quickie..

I just got a Hartke HA3500 and an Avatar 4ohm cab (Avatar's here in a couple days).. But on the back of the Hartke Amp it has 2 speaker outs that say 8ohm..

What can I do? Can I just run the cab through one of the "8ohm" outputs?

Thanks, Ryan

2. yeah it should work fine out of the 8 ohm output. i could be wrong though consult your manual or check the website.

3. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Does it say minimum or maximum load anywhere?

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    They've made the presumption that everyone uses 2 cabs. In which case they want you to use 2 x 8 ohm cabs for a total 4 ohm load.

You should be fine running that 4 ohm Avatar on that head. Just dont try adding any more cabs.

5. ryan morris

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    yeah.. the amp says that it can carry 350 watts at 4 ohms and 230 or something at 8.. i didn't even think twice about it all.. i was just like.. yeah.. a 4 ohm cab to pull all the watts out..

6. ryan morris

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    thanks guys.. that's pretty much what i was thinking (them assuming that everyone would use 2 8 ohm cabs because they are so popular).. i need to get the book from the guy that traded me still though..

7. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah... At least it doesn't have one for a 4 ohm, and 2 8 ohm inputs... :D ;)