Ohms, ohms, and more ohms

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MJ5150, Aug 5, 2003.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    OK, I am having some serious brain cramps right now. All of this talk of cabs, amps, pre-amps, ohms, and watts is confusing me. To top it off, I have limited knowledge about this stuff in the first place. Here is the deal....

I have a 215 4ohm 400 watt cab right now. No one wants to buy it, so I am going to keep it. So, I want to add another cab to get a higher punch to my sound. Because the lowest rating on my HA3500 is 4ohm, I can not add another cab to this head. So, I came across a good deal for the Peavey Firebass. From what I can see, it is a single channel amp. The lowest rating is 700 watts at 2ohms. Sooooo, can I run a 410 or 210 cab with the 215? Are there any ohm restrictions I need to be aware of?

Once again, thank you to those knowledgable ones out there who decide to help me out. If you ever make it to Seattle, a Starbucks on me. :)
  2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Hows about daisy-chaining? Put the 210 between the Hartke and the 215. This then will be series, so less power, but less $$, too
  3. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    No, no, and more no.

They will still be electrically in parallel.

This has been done to death guys.

1. FAQ, FAQ, and more FAQ

2. Search, search, and more search!

4. If the Peavey can run at 2 Ohms then you most certainly can run a 4 Ohm 410 or 210 along with your 4 Ohm 215 cab, which combined is 2 Ohm load, which the Peavey is capable of.
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    OK...Thanks for the tips.

How about some opinions of this....Will I get a better sound out of the 2ohm Firebass, or a two channel amp with a 4ohm cab plugged into each side?