Ok, again. Cab for Ampeg V4RI?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mickebas, Jul 13, 2020.

1. xposaune

xposaune Gold Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Following this thread. Just got a 212AV to go with my V4-B and waiting to use it at rehearsal.

Photo Jul 08, 2 39 37 PM.jpg

2. tchristian

tchristian Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Missoula, MT
    I'm with Jimmy. I played maybe 50 or so gigs with a 410he/115e stack. Sold them both and bought the 810 Heritage. A world of difference. I can't imagine ever wanting a different cabinet.

I take it to all of my paid gigs regardless of venue size. It sounds great at any volume. For me it's less trouble to schlep than the other two. I tilt it in and out of the pickup (and occasionally the Impreza). No deadlifts. The tolex is soft and scratches easily but that's just part of the process. I guess I should buy a cover.

Lots of pros. If I had to list a con it would be the wheels. They're fine on hard, smooth surfaces. But they suck on gravel, dirt, grass, cobblestone, and the rest of the surfaces common to gigging in western Montana. I have half a mind to modify them. Might get to it some day.

mattwear, JimmyM and mickebas like this.
  3. mickebas

mickebas

Sep 7, 2008
    I pulled the trigger on a Heritage 810E so now I have both the 810 and the SVT212AV to choose from. Thanks for all your inputs. It definitely made me not go the 410+115 way and if, as many of you say, the 810 is almost easier to transport and lug around than the 410s I should be set for a long time forward.

CTBassGuy, tchristian and JimmyM like this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 26, 2021