1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ok Earl might get the following, but wait?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fontaine, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    ok so this girl wants me to get a lip ring lol, i kind of want on but im not sure if i do er not, anyone here have one? any regrets?

p.s: any thoughts on them everyone else?

2. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Do you want to get it because the girl wants you to get it, or because YOU want to get it? If it's the former, not worth it, IMHO.

3. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    well i kind of wanted one before we ever brought it up, but now she wants me to get it :D...just not sureeeee if i should lol.

4. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    She wants you to get it, it's not her choice, your body. Lip rings aren't the nicest piercings, you could get an infection at first and have a swelled lip for a few weeks. Plus everybody has them, even though I wouldn't get a piercing and am more of a tattoo guy, if your going to get one then get a nose ring, looks cooler IMO.

5. marcray

marcray

Nov 28, 2006
    Englishman in Oyster Bay, NY
    Aging Former Bass Player
    I never quite got the lip ring... one of the uglier ones in my opinion... had the nose, eyebrow, the nip.... the nip is the only one left... get it if you want it though and if it gets you some bonus poon then even more reason to do it... ;)

6. Get your balls pierced. Lip rings suck.

7. hartke20g

hartke20g

Apr 12, 2006
    miami, FL
    for the longest time i wanted a lip ring (or two :rolleyes:). but then i started biting through my lip in my sleep, and i'd have painful 'sores' for weeks, and considering that's all a lip piercing is (without the biting), i decided it's not worth it. you can get a lot more infections from a lip ring than from say a bellybutton/eyebrow/whatever is being done these days (unless you maintain very good hygiene for the time that the 'wound' is still open).

but then again, i'm only 16 and lazy.:p

8. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    I wouldn't get it. Piercings look gross to me

Plus it can get infected badly, which I've seen happen around here

9. Don't do it... you're not badass enough to pull it off.

10. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    emmmmmm some good points...what abou the eye brow? lol:p

ps: keith...really...your a douche lol.

11. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    Eyebrow is way over done IMO, nothing special.

12. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    Do the lip. they tend to heal in faster and less rejection than with eyebrows in my experience. I've had both several times and prefer the lip and never had the excess of infections that was mentioned... you need to be more carefull with them for a week or two, but the overall healing was easier than an eyebrow.

13. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    He's just looking out for you, man. Do you want to get something that you can't pull off because you aren't badass enough? Do you realize how terrible that would be?

And my opinion is, no. You shouldn't. Because lip rings are nothing special, and I've seen very few people pull it off. I also wouldn't go for the eyebrow or the nose. All over done. Now, if you did all three, and had a chain running from each, then you'd look so ridiculous it'd be kinda cool.

14. Has the ship sailed on the balls idea?

I would crown you a pure badass if you got the twins sliced. :D

15. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    First comes the lip ring
    Then comes the ear spacers
    Then comes the dyed hair
    Then comes the constant whining because "The Government is out to get you".

Don't do it.

16. My opinion? I'm not a big fan of piercings, even on girls. I mean other than the usual ear piercings, but those don't even really do anything for me. I'm really not a fan of piercings on guys. If I ever get anything it will be a tattoo.

17. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Banned

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    It's all WAY too cliche at this point. Really wanna stand out? Don't get anything pierced and don't get any tattoos. Then, you won't look like a trendoid fashion victim.

18. I would rather see young people get piercings than tattoos. Tats require a lot of thought and are permenant. I cringe when I see people in their teens with neck tats. I have lots of ink but didn't get started until I was in my 30s. Piercings will always close up, unless you get HUGE ones.

Go for the lip dude!! Just remember to take it out for job interviews, etc. :D

19. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    HA!!!!!!!!!!

New sig, thank you very much!

OP, do it, you can always take it out.............

Any one of these will be fine

elainedavidson.

20. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    +1

It was cool 15 years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.