1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ok, Everyone Tell Me A Good 2x10/1x15 Stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by supernaut_1, May 12, 2003.

1. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    Texas
    i currently have a peavey tnt 115 but i'm interested in getting more power. so i figured a 1x15 and 2x10 cabinet should do the trick. i was thinking of getting a 4x10 but then i figured i'll get a more well rounded versatile sound with a 2x10 and 1x15. so does anyone have any suggestions on a good (not too pricey) stack? oh and i'd like to stick to one brand and not have mismatched head and cabs (just a personal preference). anyways, i'm not giving a lot of information on exactly what i want because frankly if i knew that i wouldn't be asking you guys this now. thanks ahead guys!

2. Hey:

You'll probably get lots of different opinions, but for value (best "bang -for-the-buck"), sound, looks, price, etc., you can't go wrong with Avatar's 2x10 and 1x15...reasonably priced, too.

They also have a new 1x15 Compact that mates up perfectly with a new 1x12 Compact.
    check out www.avatarspeakers.com, and research the name Avatar on this site...you'll get tons of feedback. They also have one of the best reputations for customer service; Dave, the owner is a class act.

Good luck with your search!

3. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I use a GK 210RBH and 115RBH stack. I am very happy with it, but I didn't get a chance to audition the Avatar stuff, or any of the super highend stuff that I now read about on this site. Still, I am very happy since I have purchased the Tech 21 BDDI.

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    eden ain't too bad...i've got an eden metro with a 115xlt extension cab.

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    If you can afford 'em, Bergantino HT's are very good cabs.