Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ok, Everyone Tell Me A Good 2x10/1x15 Stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by supernaut_1, May 12, 2003.

1. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    Texas
    i currently have a peavey tnt 115 but i'm interested in getting more power. so i figured a 1x15 and 2x10 cabinet should do the trick. i was thinking of getting a 4x10 but then i figured i'll get a more well rounded versatile sound with a 2x10 and 1x15. so does anyone have any suggestions on a good (not too pricey) stack? oh and i'd like to stick to one brand and not have mismatched head and cabs (just a personal preference). anyways, i'm not giving a lot of information on exactly what i want because frankly if i knew that i wouldn't be asking you guys this now. thanks ahead guys!

2. Hey:

You'll probably get lots of different opinions, but for value (best "bang -for-the-buck"), sound, looks, price, etc., you can't go wrong with Avatar's 2x10 and 1x15...reasonably priced, too.

They also have a new 1x15 Compact that mates up perfectly with a new 1x12 Compact.
    check out www.avatarspeakers.com, and research the name Avatar on this site...you'll get tons of feedback. They also have one of the best reputations for customer service; Dave, the owner is a class act.

Good luck with your search!

3. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I use a GK 210RBH and 115RBH stack. I am very happy with it, but I didn't get a chance to audition the Avatar stuff, or any of the super highend stuff that I now read about on this site. Still, I am very happy since I have purchased the Tech 21 BDDI.

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    eden ain't too bad...i've got an eden metro with a 115xlt extension cab.

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    If you can afford 'em, Bergantino HT's are very good cabs.