1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OK, fellas. Let's talk fashion for 2018

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by two fingers, Jan 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Short version. I need an updated look.... or some updated looks.

I can't do skinny jeans rolled up with an ironic T-shirt and scarf.... or those little Hammer pants meet sweatpants.... things..... the kids are wearing. (I'm not knocking you guys. I'm just a little old to pull of that look. We wore parachute pants and hot pink T-shirts in the 80s so I know I live in a glass house. :roflmao: Do young while you can!)

I am dude. Hear me roar. :cool:

I can't do "on the way to a rock gig at 9 a.m." all day either. Walking into an office like that just smacks of "Dude, I had to leave my car at the bar last night and I'm still wearing my bar clothes. Anybody wanna sell me a Gatorade and some aspirin?" That's super cool and makes everybody jealous when you're 22. Not so much at this point in my life.

I don't want to wear executive casual Friday every day...which is pretty much what I do at work now.

I'm a 46 year old, 6'2" (1.9 meters?) tall fairly slender (32"-34" waste) slightly edgy technician/musician/dad... guy.

My hair is usually a little spiked. It's all still there and mostly still black! :hyper:

I wear glasses that pretty much have no frames. I'm even thinking of some slightly edgier frames... But not Wild Thing from Major Legue edgy. :D Jist something with some style.

I have worn the short beard for a few years but may experiment with the facial hair too. Don't know if I could pull off the hipster upside down spruce tree hanging from my face as my beard grows a little thin. And the grey shows in my beard much more than my hair.

Anyway, bounce some things off of me. My wife is a little tired of my bar T-shirts and, honestly, so am I. ;) I pretty much wear Keen hiking shoes, some sort of breathable polo shirt (like a nylon/spandex Under Armour or something similar) and "regular" pants to work and I'm kinda over that too. The only rules for work are no jeans and the shirt has to have a collar.

Pics would help if you can find them.

@Pacman @Joe Nerve guys help me out!

I'm open to try some new things. Whataya got??? Go nuts. Have fun. Glasses? Shoes? Clothes? Beard? Carrots? Whatever. Hit me. I need inspiration!!!!!

Ductapeman and pjbassist like this.
  2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Black jeans, black tee, black boots/snaeakers or shoes. Boom!

MrLenny1, Oddly, Pbassmanca and 8 others like this.
  3. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I have been wearing these Docker, casual type pants or black jeans lately that look good with dress shoes, or sneakers and I can wear them to work or gigs. Since it's cold here now, these sweaters serve the purpose.

Dockers-Iron-Free-Khaki-Pant-Costco-1.

232869-M52113.

prod_16482983212?hei=660&wid=660&op_sharpen=1.

two fingers likes this.
  4. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I have a pair of these shoes that are good for work and casual wear and they are also comfortable to play gigs when I am standing for a long time.

BCF546021250_L_4.

BCF546021250_L_2.

5. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I am undoubtedly the wrong guy to provide decent fashion advice. Wish you luck though!

fretter likes this.
  6. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    So if you see this guy walking around it's just Joe. :D
    download.

Seriously though, I get it. You can't really go wrong with black.

SLIV, Grumry, Oddly and 9 others like this.
  7. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

correct: black! Joe Nerve nailed it, IMO: black.

Grumry, Wisebass, ICM and 1 other person like this.
  8. This is hard over the internet.
    We need you to go to some shops where you grab a bunch of different things and you go into the dressing room as we all wait for you to post a picture and we say, yay, nay or holly cow, no!

9. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I found some pants and a shirt to match your avatar. :D

092265_01_P1.

c5a531e34bfbbb5455262eae79cc5054--pants-for-men-star-spangled.

10. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    The number one rule is that no one over 40 should wear shirts with any kind of brand graphics. And that includes concert shirts and bars. No one cares what people over 40 think is cool. Stick to plain, understated, well cut shirts. And lose the dad sneakers.

Skinny straight jeans and either Chukka boots or retro Redwing Moc Toe boots. Don't be afraid to wear a casual sport coat or cardigan or both at the same time. The older you get, the more it's about textures. Tweed, wool knits, plaid, leather, denim... it all looks good once you get a little grey in your beard.

aldaa and two fingers like this.
  11. Mktrat

Mktrat Seriously, are we not doing phrasing anymore? Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2013
    The Mitten
    Thanks. Now I have to clean my keyboard!!

two fingers likes this.
  12. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Ummmmmm...... thanks? :roflmao:

Loring and Richland123 like this.
  13. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA

Is this kinda where you're going? I can see that working sometimes.
    1f2e7ccda5f1f916f701df37d3b912d6.

14. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

15. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
  16. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Stewie26 likes this.
  17. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    Don't include me in that group! :vomit: Nothing but black T's and jeans is what you would have found me wearing in the 80's. :thumbsup: ;)

GregC and two fingers like this.
  18. blastoff99

blastoff99 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA, USA
    You are asking this on a bass forum...you're aware of that, right?

Wisebass, JMacBass65, ELG60 and 4 others like this.
  19. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    OK that's pretty funny :roflmao:.... even though it's about me.... :(

elgecko likes this.
  20. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I just meant "we" in the collective sense. :smug: