Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ok, fender jazz help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by i got no name, Jun 22, 2001.

1. ok, i am getting a fender jazz standard fretless soon and i was wondering, would it be a good idea to put in another jazz pickup near where the neck joins the body? i wanna no if that would improve the sound or not.

peace out

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    3 Pickups? Maybe.

First...get the bass and see what it sounds like...if you still feel the need to experiment, it's yours but remember, if resale value means anything to you, this is probably no the thing to do.

3. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    I would leave it as is. I don't think an additional pickup in the neck position will do anything for you.

4. it's not going to add anything to the sound, assuming thats it's gonna stay passive

you'll have the trouble of fitting it, re-routing the pick guard

and wireing it in

the only guy i've seen it with is NIcky wire from MANIC STREET PREACHERS FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW

but thats only because he's an old punk guitarist who can't play to save his life,admits it, and just want's to be loud, he also has a passion for wrecking ampeg 8X10's

5. BASS_PLAYERS

BASS_PLAYERS

Mar 3, 2001
    Ada, Ok
    :oops: Dont hurt her!!!

6. td1368

td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Philadelphia
    For the love of God we have to start a petition to save this Fender.