Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OK finnally...Spector or Lakland????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EsTeBan, Jan 11, 2002.

1. EsTeBan

EsTeBan

Dec 15, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Please help!!!!!

I have enough money to buy either a Spector NS2000/5 or a Lakland Skyline 55-01. I will buy them from the net (yeah yeah, I know I should try them before I buy). No store around here sell either of those brands.

I have read reviews and info about both basses and I still can't decide. I play latin rock, heavy rock, pop, jazz, almost everything. I want a bass with good construction and a great sound.

please feel free to comment or help me...

PS. I really love the sound of Rickenbackers, can any of these two basses come close to the punch and growl of the Ricks?

2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I think you'll get more for your money and also a more versatile bass with the Lakland. Spectors are nice too, but not as much a "Swiss Army Knife" bass like the Lakland.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Well I haven't played either Lakland Skyline but I've read alot of good things about them here.

I like the Spector NS-2000/5. SUPRISE!!!!!:D I think it's a great sounding & playing bass & would definitly recomend it to ANYONE!!!!!!

mchildree, The lakland he is refering to is the 55-01 w/has 2 Bart humbuckers & 3 band EQ. The 3 band eq migh be alittle more versatile but I don't think much more. The 55-02 has the USA J/MM barts w/the same pre amp as the USA Laklands & would be more versatile :) but cost about $1300.

edit:I just re read the specs on the 55-01 & it has a push/pull which acts as a pre amp bypass, so yeah, it might be considered a Swiss Army Knife. ;):)