OK finnally...Spector or Lakland????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EsTeBan, Jan 11, 2002.

1. EsTeBan

Dec 15, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Please help!!!!!

I have enough money to buy either a Spector NS2000/5 or a Lakland Skyline 55-01. I will buy them from the net (yeah yeah, I know I should try them before I buy). No store around here sell either of those brands.

I have read reviews and info about both basses and I still can't decide. I play latin rock, heavy rock, pop, jazz, almost everything. I want a bass with good construction and a great sound.

please feel free to comment or help me...

PS. I really love the sound of Rickenbackers, can any of these two basses come close to the punch and growl of the Ricks?
  2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    I think you'll get more for your money and also a more versatile bass with the Lakland. Spectors are nice too, but not as much a "Swiss Army Knife" bass like the Lakland.
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Well I haven't played either Lakland Skyline but I've read alot of good things about them here.

I like the Spector NS-2000/5. SUPRISE!!!!!:D I think it's a great sounding & playing bass & would definitly recomend it to ANYONE!!!!!!

mchildree, The lakland he is refering to is the 55-01 w/has 2 Bart humbuckers & 3 band EQ. The 3 band eq migh be alittle more versatile but I don't think much more. The 55-02 has the USA J/MM barts w/the same pre amp as the USA Laklands & would be more versatile :) but cost about $1300.

edit:I just re read the specs on the 55-01 & it has a push/pull which acts as a pre amp bypass, so yeah, it might be considered a Swiss Army Knife. ;):)