ok forget it max of $650 for a new setup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aron86, Mar 14, 2006.

1. aron86

Mar 14, 2006
    after further thought of about 20 minutes i've decided that i'm just not really sure about anything, mabye becasue it is late or i'm crazy but never the less. i have a 650 dollar budget to work with. i want either a 4-10 cab with a head or a 2-10 and a 1-15 with a head and i will be gigging with it (mostly a rock/metal/screamo music) so it has to be loud but i need it to be clear in the mid range and be able to shake the windows with the low end. any suggestions would be good and i know that isn't much of a budget but that is all i can afford. oh and i would like to buy new.
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I'd say your wish list is pretty close to impossible for $650.
  3. 8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
  4. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    With that budget, you'll have to shop used. A used GK 800 rb can often be found in the $300/$350 ball park. And a used carvin or avatar 410 for the other $300... not impossible, but you'll have to shop around.
  5. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    I can understand the wish to buy a new head; electronics repair is expensive.... but when it comes to cabs, there's just not that much to break, and nothing you can't fix yourself if it does.

I suggest you grab a new head for $350 - $400 (there are a number of choices in that price range), and set aside the rest for a used cab (again, you'll find a number of choices).
  6. mattvon

Jan 22, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    Avatar used to offer specials on Ashdown heads if you bought a cabinet...not sure if it's still offered, but it's worth a try.

You could get a B410 Delta and a MAG 300H for $642, including shipping. Not sure if it'd be loud enough, but it's a good place to start.