1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ok, forget the fries. What's the best place to get rolls?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by duo8675309, Mar 27, 2006.

1. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    My favorite part of going out to eat is a big fluffy roll pasted in butter. Like at O'Charley's! They're the best. And I don't like butter in them either. I like it when they have that liquid butter kind of brushed on them. Am I alone?

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Rolls? Picture please?

3. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    in a recent backyard competition between me and a few friends of mine, it was discovered that my bending over shirtless produces the best rolls : )

4. i don't know anything about that, but when i was down south in Alabama, i went to this restraunt called Lambert's and they have good rolls, they throw them at you from across the room!

5. AB53211

AB53211

Apr 15, 2004
    Milwaukee,WI
    I'm going to have to agree on O'Charley's.

6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    What is going on here?

7. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    I've been there a few times. Yeah they are pretty good. It's always fun to throw them back, too (they get mad though. :spit:)

And to the guy who wants more cowbell, its a bread roll. Have you never had one? You live in California (at least that's what your location thing says).

8. lbpark

lbpark

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.

Wow. I've passed Lambert's about 100 times on the way to the beach and I've never stopped there. I think I'm scarred from the time the food at Cracker Barrel made me puke...literally.

9. lamberts is a reallynice place (at least when i went there) they throw the rolls, employees (i hope) were walking around with big pots of mashed potatoes, and stuffing, and a lot of other sides, and you could eat all you wanted!
    I loved it!

EDIT: It appears that i went to one that got hit by the hurricane, Foley, Alabama http://www.throwedrolls.com/

I'd recommend it to anyone!

10. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    what are rolls??????

11. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    [​IMG]

12. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Usually in the morning at my hotel, I'll grab about half a dozen croissant (sp?) rolls from the breakfast bar. Fantastic little things, even without butter. I love bread. :) They usually hold me off until I can properly raid the pantry around 9 or 9:30. :D

AuG

13. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    oh yeah, bread is good.

14. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Lol, dumb moment? I hate those.

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA

I am used to them :)

16. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    +1

besides, the really nice beaches, there's some huge outlet mall out in the same area, and on the way back was Lambert's. and holy crap, it was a mad house in there. screaming kids, parents, and flying rolls everywhere!

isnt boston known for their rolls?

17. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Around Atlanta,we have a chain of Italian resturants called Provino's. Before the meal,they bring you a big bowl of these little round rolls covered in garlic and garlic butter. I can make a meal out of those by themselves!

18. I thought that was baked beans

19. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Texas Roadhouse

20. Rolls are for wusses. BAGELS are where it's at. And not with that pansy cream cheese, neither. Toasted, with butter and a little cinnamon/sugar. Now THAT'S a breakfast.

Dammit, now I'm hungry, and we don't have any bagels in the house. Stupid end of the month.

Rock on
    Eric