ok guys i need help on new bass bongo, dingwall

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve-o, Dec 26, 2003.

dingwall or bongo

Poll closed Jan 25, 2004.
  1. dingwall afterburner 1

17 vote(s)
  2. bongo 5

13 vote(s)
  1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    ok which one should i go for? i was looking at one at bass central (dingwall) afterburner 1 in blue..its gorgeous....

or a 5 string bongo....

im so torn up..i know BOTH..well in due time..

i have my ob-5 bossa bass...so which to compliment?

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Well - if it were me, and I knew I was going to end up with both, I think I'd grab the Dingwall first if I found a choice specimen. However, Bongo has me very, very interested...
  3. Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Bongo Fever! Catch it:D ;)
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Get the Bongo. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  5. I am thinking the same thing Ken.

Someone photoshop a Bongo over my Rickenbacker, in my Avatar photo and it got me looking at the Bongos more closely. They kinda grow on ya, if you have an open mind!

Get the Bongo!

6. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Dingwalls got my baby!

Unsurprisingly, I voted for the Bongo.
  7. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
  8. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Well, yeah, I forgot. If I couldn't afford a nice new Bongo, I'd prolly go for the ESP.
  9. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    ESP...mmmmm metal knobs
  10. I would personally go with the Dingwall. It is an amazing value for the money.

11. go dingwall. im sorry to everyone who owns the bongo, but i think its kind of ugly, but im sure it sounds great.

just a question though, how much would a dinwall six stringer cost???
  12. Dingwall. Because I need string tenssion.
  13. natebass

Sep 6, 2001
    Bremerton, WA
    Personally, I don't care for extended scale length - mainly because I like the sound of a 32" - but out of the two I would go Dingwall. The low B is incredible on it (I tried one @ Bass NW) and if I ever went 5 with a low B, I would go Dingwall.
  14. There was an Afterburner I 6 string at Bass central that was listing for I believe $1900. That one had the flamed maple top though, so without it I would imagine that it would be around $1700. There is a used ABI 5 string there right now for $1099. Looks like a good deal to me.

15. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    hey thats mine..lol well not yet..they are closed..reopen monday i think...so im going to call

16. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    hmmmm.... i have to give this one some thought. dingwall or bongo, dingwall or bongo???? just don't know.... i'll post after i've thought about this for a while. dingwall or bongo..... ??? hmmm... :confused:
  17. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    not bad...but i would really like to see pics...hmm

ill have to think about it

18. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Steve, I'd buy NOTHING off ebay without pics. I mean really, if you can sell instruments of this caliber, but can't afford a cheap $25 camera to take pics......what's the deal?

Besides that, Gard is our friend! I wouldn't buy anything before you talk to Gard about his....he'll make ya the best deal.