OK guys,what's this worth

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr Dave, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

Nov 2, 2003
    Wakefield UK
    I've a '72 Fender Tele bass,humbucker version,to which I've fitted a Badass bridge,extra Duncan jazz p/u,tele guitar switch and a 'no-name'fretless jazz neck sporting schaller m3s.I put a Fender Tele bass decall on the head,quite justifiably in my opinion.I'm in the UK and it's a rarity in these parts.What do you guys across the pond reckon it's worth and have any of you done anything similar.There's a German guy selling one a bit like it on ebay though mine's a sunburst.
  2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Honestly I am not an expert when it comes to this, but I can probably say with most certainty that its not worth much because most of it isn't original. Upgrades don't add much to the value unfortunately, and especially when the neck is not original and a no-name, it doesn't help the value.
  3. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I sold this 72 TeleBass about 6 months ago (with gig bag) for $500 plus shipping. It too was heavily modified (some by me, some before I got it).
    Seymour Duncan 2 band active pre (Vol, Bal, Bass, Tre). Seymour Duncan Basslines J in the bridge position and a reversed P in the neck position. Hipshot bridge. Custom pickguard. Top of body refinished with arm contour added. Finish removed from back of neck. :bassist: