1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ok here goes....critique my music!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mikeus, Sep 22, 2008.

1. www.myspace.com/mikeytron

the bass is a Zon 5/1 i got here from TB played through a Korg effects unit and recorded into windows sound recorder.

the synths are samples of me playing roland xp-60, yamaha sy22 and various other sequenced arranged chords and notes from a variety of sources. the drums are patches ive made from various drumkit samples of snares and kicks ect

ive not really played this stuff to alot of people really except the guys in the band.

going for a prog/pop FNM meets INXS and Peter Gabriel type of sound i guess

cheers

Mike

2. alapantera

alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    Wisconsin
    I like the dark ambient kind of sound you've got going here. I'm definitely enjoying the tone/effects you're using on "Distorto Most Horriblest Mix".

3. thanks man :cool:

4. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    That sounds great. I listened to all the tracks. When track 1 started I thought it was going to be too heavy for me and I almost navigated away, but actually there's a lot of room to breathe between the synth, bass and drums. What is your band configuration? You on lead bass, then a keyboard player and drummer? Or would you perform this live with a sequencer? 'Black Industrial Death...' reminds me of 'In the air tonight', which is (maybe?) close to your Peter Gabriell target. These sound like they took a long time to produce.

5. thanks. the band config was me, laptop/sequencer and synth player but he got hooked on the big "H" sadly and lost the plot so hes no longer in the picture lol! so now its me on bass with a drummer, singer and sequencer. i have issues playing with the sequencer though. these didnt take a long time to produce really. :)