1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ok here is my new tone with the GK 210 opinions please.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by TUEP, Sep 19, 2008.

1. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    This is the first time we ever played this song in practice. so a couple things are a little off. Yet, its the best audio I have of the GK with my band.

I start the song off with a little intro I wrote where you can hear higher notes well.

At 1:57 you can hear me under the solo pretty decent, and I do an interesting speed slap technique on the break down at about 3:00.

Anyway opinions how tone and how it mixes with the band. Like I said some rough spots in this tune, first time rehearsing it. I kinda got off some in the outro , trying to do something interesting.

2. I must admit that once the guitar kicked in I didn't hear a lot of what you were playing. I mean, I could sense it, but not grab hold of it (though I'm guessing that's just the way it was recorded).

In the intro I quite liked your tone - I could hear a little clank in there, which I am a fan of. Can I hear a touch of distortion there too, or is it just the recorder? Under the solo your bass was cutting through, which is good. It struck me a being a little thin but I suspect, again, that is just the recording.