Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ok heres the deal.....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by I-Love-Ratm, Jul 4, 2004.

1. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm after spotting a great deal for a new bass that i need so bad because I am now in a band and all I have is a ****ty Squier P.Well I need 800 Euro in like a week.Im trying to convince my mom to lend me because I am earning but I need it NOW!!!any suggestions

2. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    i don't know... but i love RATM.

3. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Ah your a man after my own heart

4. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    tell us about that "great deal"... price, make & model, etc.

but i think you should get a good amp

5. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    You might wanna consider just getting good pickups and a good amp. That bass will probably see you through for some time after that.

6. The Squier can definitely cut it while you save your money. Unless it's a total piece of garbage (and it probably isn't, I played one for about a year with my band till I got my Fender), you can go with it a bit.

7. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    yeah. maybe you should just do an entire setup/maintenance on it while you save?

8. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I agree with Stephen... I still play my Squier that I got a year ago, it has been through gigs, recordings and bashing it into my desk. I think with a but of maintenence on it, you should be fine. Of course, just my opinion. :)

Peace,
    Graeme :bassist:

9. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    streamer lx Lads I have a good amp and I have the Squier for 3 years.Im not a noob ok?I have decided to put 100 euro away every week until I find the deal that I really want.I recommend this deal though because I'm not after it anymore