1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ok, i admit, i've got GAS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TVD, Nov 8, 2004.

1. TVD

TVD

Jul 14, 2004
    Wow. Believe it or not it hurts me to say that. I kinda pride myself to a degree on not having GAS, but i'm apparantly weak, and i do. And even worse, this particular case is all about looks, i mean how shallow is that? But i already know the bass will be great. Enough suspense already i know, my GAS is for a G&L L-2500, or maybe L-2000 or ASAT in Silver metal flake. I must have this. I have a L-2500 in Honeyburst that i totally love, but darn it, it want it in silver metal flake. That just screams cool to a geek like me. Am i just being shallow? The problem is i can't seem to find one in silver metal flake for sale anywhere, in stores around here, or online. I'd prefer it in as a 5 string, and i'd then sell or trade the sweet Honeyburst one. I would prefer the headstock also be in silver metal flake, but that's not a requirement. I really don't want to do a custom order thing from G&L if i can avoid it, and i guess i need to just be paitent until i silver flake comes along. But i'm open to any suggestions of where to look. I've checked all the main bass sites on the net pretty much i think already. GAS really kinda sucks dosen't it? I'm now a victim myself. Trent

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    GAS does suck, i have quite horrid Spector GAS for a Euro 4 neckthrough..and ill probably buy one in 9 months or so, but thats so far awayyyyy.

What ive learned is just to sit on GAS for a while, see if it passes. After a few months if its still there, consider buying what you are GASing for, or saving up to buy it.

3. Ahh that silver metalflake... GAS is worse than heroin!!!!!

I feel your pain.