Ok, i admit, i've got GAS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TVD, Nov 8, 2004.

1. TVD

Jul 14, 2004
    Wow. Believe it or not it hurts me to say that. I kinda pride myself to a degree on not having GAS, but i'm apparantly weak, and i do. And even worse, this particular case is all about looks, i mean how shallow is that? But i already know the bass will be great. Enough suspense already i know, my GAS is for a G&L L-2500, or maybe L-2000 or ASAT in Silver metal flake. I must have this. I have a L-2500 in Honeyburst that i totally love, but darn it, it want it in silver metal flake. That just screams cool to a geek like me. Am i just being shallow? The problem is i can't seem to find one in silver metal flake for sale anywhere, in stores around here, or online. I'd prefer it in as a 5 string, and i'd then sell or trade the sweet Honeyburst one. I would prefer the headstock also be in silver metal flake, but that's not a requirement. I really don't want to do a custom order thing from G&L if i can avoid it, and i guess i need to just be paitent until i silver flake comes along. But i'm open to any suggestions of where to look. I've checked all the main bass sites on the net pretty much i think already. GAS really kinda sucks dosen't it? I'm now a victim myself. Trent
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    GAS does suck, i have quite horrid Spector GAS for a Euro 4 neckthrough..and ill probably buy one in 9 months or so, but thats so far awayyyyy.

What ive learned is just to sit on GAS for a while, see if it passes. After a few months if its still there, consider buying what you are GASing for, or saving up to buy it.
  3. Ahh that silver metalflake... GAS is worse than heroin!!!!!

I feel your pain.