ok..i FOUND. this cab help me figure it out lol

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassking511, Oct 20, 2006.

1. ok. i was driving down the street and i saw a familiar shape...big box with 15" holes in it...so i said to myself..ok i turn around a check it out...so when i get there i find 2 15" drivers on top. they are out of thw cab and look to be in pretty goog shape..except the round nubs in the centers are dented...( i might be able to pop em back tho). then i realize it has 2 other things. i look and realize it has a tweeter then also realize that the cab is 3-way ( i think) so i took it all home. the cab itself is missing the back jack but not in too bad shape.I think its not a bass cab but part of a dj rig or pa system.im not sure if it works( the speakers or electronics). im debating whether to keep it or ebay it. i realize i might need new speakers(because of the condition or too handle more power...ratings below)

Also i have another problem. i think these are the drivers that came with it but alas the back of the caB READS 150W, 300W max 8ohm but yet both of the drivers are 4 ohms:confused:

so how does it equall 8ohms total?

anyone know anything about this it is manufactured by Welton and the product line is Pro Studio

SHOULD I SELL OR KEEP

if i keep...how much $$ will it cost to fix/upgrade

or sell the things and use the $$ towards my new rig im getting

ALSO, HOW MUCH $$$ U THINK ITS WORTH

PLEASE GIVE ME AN APPRAISAL

this is an ebay auction that i think is the same product

http://cgi.ebay.com/300-watts-each-...ryZ47093QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

2. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    If the drivers are 4 ohm, connected in series they will give a total of 8 ohm. Perfectly normal.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, put the speakers in there and try it. If it sounds good, use it. If not, sell it.

4. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    +1

5. ok a couple problems
    '

1) i have to put the drivers back in ( shouldnt be too hard..wiring a little confusing tho)

2) there is no input jack and i have no way to get one soon notsure how to wire it and im not sure what type 1/4 inch or the red/black lock thingys ( idk if that would matter or if i could mod it)

3) as of now, i dont have my head and the only amp i haver is too underpowered to even try to run it( 15w comco w/ speaker out)

by the way..do u have an appraisal if i were to sell it...considering its 3-way(?) and missing the jack and idk about the speakers.

6. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Those speakers are extremely low end, a house brand at Rent-a-Center, not worth the price of a new jackplate.

7. ok should i sell the cab then..thats gotta be wortha couple bucks right?

8. ??????????

9. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ

Ya know Bill, your plans are great and you can be a great resource for people interested in learning about speakers/audio.

that being said, i cant stand how you constantly beat around the bush on things like this... geez, say it like it is already!

:D

10. bump for value appraisALS

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021