1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ok, i just need to rant.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Asa Samuel, Jun 21, 2007.

1. l_edbe3a7cc5c23c4b1d849360c8dd4a50.jpg

what is the big attraction to THAT bit.

i cant stand basses with that long bit there.

its just uurgh :eyebrow: :bawl: :confused:

:crying: :crying: :crying:

2. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Can't say I care much for that at all. But I'm guessing that ginormous headstock has to have a pretty substantial counterweight...but still. :rollno:

3. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    It's supposed to give better balance, but that's a bit too much of function over form.

4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Inactive

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    its called bee basses their desings resemble bees bodys. I wasnt comfortable with their body shapes until i heard them in action those bees are awsome. Reminds me of the bongo looks vs tone...

5. steve4765630

steve4765630

Feb 27, 2006
    With a honkin' headstock you need an extended horn, so the bass doesn't neck dive like a bandit. A little neck never hurt anybody, but when the headstock is over 8 inches long, you have to do something to keep the bass playable.

6. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Isn't that ChiliPepper's bass? I happen to like it.

Marshall

7. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
    I hate basses shaped like this too, but yeah, it's all about balance.

8. its a bass thats being made at the moment, there is a post about it on TB but i've lost it.

9. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I don't like it either.

I don't like most boutique basses because I think they are just "Butt Ugly" I don't care how good it plays or sounds. Ugly is Ugly and I don't want it in my hands.

10. Sure, it may look odd or unconventional, but I'd much rather play a balanced bass. It would be neat if basses were like electric guitars and the body shape didn't matter a whole lot, but with necks that long, it's very easy to have neck dive. Look at a Les Paul guitar vs. a Les Paul bass. Neck dive city!

11. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    I like most boutique basses but those basses are just ugly..

Functional or not I agree with srxplayer It can be the best sounding bass but its so hideous I coulndt do it.. And im not to picky about looks either but those are one of the worst looking basses..

looks wise they Remind me of a higher end wishbass.

I better run for cover LOL

12. IS there such a thing???

personally the Bee doesn't sting me hard...but hey they're not everyone's pot of honey now are they?

LOL....there I go again (crackin' myself up)....

13. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    what a buzzkill you are.

hive had enough. :D :rollno:

M

14. Hi.

It's just a phallic symbol, nothing more. Us Thunderbird players never need such a thing :bag: :D :D

Sam

15. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    no need to look at anything when you've stabbed out your own eyes. :bag:

16. My bit's bigger :D

rick-lec-cust5-17.jpg

Oh and that Bee is killer! IMO :smug:

17. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    Quote:
    +1 I'm pretty sure we all like something that the rest wouldn't understand. Ain't it great to know that there will always be somebody around to point n' laugh?

18. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio

It may be bigger but its also got some design and doesnt look like someone on mind altering drugs attacked a piece of wood with a bandsaw..

See how your bass flows, see how its has design not just parts shooting out, see how your headstock looks elegant and not like a rough shape made from straight angles.

Its called Lecompte > Bees

19. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Everybody has different tastes, so thank goodness there are a lot of bass brands to choose from ... ;)

Bee basses are very well respected, especially in the ERB world. The construction is perfect, and everything about the bass has been carefully thought out.

Different strokes ....... :cool:

20. True dat. Perhaps TB users should clear designs and options with the forum to make sure nobody gets offended by these designs.......

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021