Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ok, I need help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by page, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Alright, i was warned about this, posting girl help on TB and all , but , I really need help. Theres this girl....I ve never spoken to her in my life, but she is the prettiest girl ive ever seen , and from what a friend told me, she is the kinda girl i go for. The lightly southern type with a very down to earth attitude. This is her first year at my school and i havent spoken to her, and i doubt she even knows my name. She sits a row away from me in English , and doesnt talk much. Id like to get to know her but im a wreck when it comes to girls, so can anyone of you TB ladiesmen give me advice about approaching her and trying to get to know her, or atleast talk to her. Thanks amillion.

2. Just talk to her. What's the worst that could happen? She'd continue not talking to you? It's not like you'll be any worse off.

joe

3. the Qintar

the Qintar

Jul 24, 2000
    USA

listen up peachlips, the key to getting this girl is "powerful eye contact". this is something that i have mastered over the past 11-12 years, it works like a charm with the ladies. i have even devised a technique that i use for this, ive named it the "eye of the tiger". if used properly you can attain almost any female you desire. see example below....

about 2 weeks ago i was down at the YMCA kickin it, playin some handball and this chick walks by shakin her azz at me, so i stopped mid swing to check her out. she was perfect, but the distraction of her caused me to miss the ball, it bounced near her feet and got her attention, she picked the ball up and approached me to return it, leaving me an opening to apply the "eye of the tiger". when she handed me the ball my fingers touched hers (luckily i had just returned from a manicure earlier that day), she said "your skin is so soft", that was when we locked eyes, i winked at her and she said "do you come here often?". i said "sugar, im a legend down here!" needless to say we went back to my place, and the rest is history.

i also have a technique called the "medusa gaze", used for combat reasons only.....

regards, "wild eagle"

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Incredible...

brad cook

5. Qintar you stories are priceless. I just wish they were real :D

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    This is not to be confused with the Qintar's oft used and even more deadly "Pooey Mustache of Terror" technique which has been known to render ever the sturdiest of foes unconcious.

7. the Qintar

the Qintar

Jul 24, 2000
    USA
    indeed mark, im not even sure if you and your "pythons" could stand up to the "medusa gaze", ive ravaged many a man with this.

regards, "wild eagle"

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    He needs to publish them someday.

9. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    *snort*

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

:D:D:D

11. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Simply Stunning.

12. Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

Dec 8, 2004
    This thread only got one serious reply before getting not only killed, but completely destroyed. That has to be some sort of record :)

13. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Record....thats a daily occurance here.

14. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Just say hi, immediately followed with "So ya wanna make out or what?"

If that doesn't work, see: Chloroform.

15. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Fixed it for you

16. Hey Man Don't forget we got the toastman on our side he's our kryptonite to your medusa gaze
    But I must say you are a ladie-man :D

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Yeah, it would be a record if it got more than one serious reply before being destroyed though.

brad cook

18. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    In all seriousness.

Just talk to her and say, "Hi, I noticed you are new to this school, and that you seem kind of shy. I am too. If there is anything I can help you with here at school, let me know."

Then just go from there. She may very well be shy just like you. If one of you doesn't start up a conversation, it may never happen.

Chances are, she'll like that you care, and noticed that she is new there and she probably could use some friends. Why not you?

As someone else said, you've got nothing to lose...but everything to gain. Besides, it's been my experience that girls...especially good looking girls, don't always get talked to or invited to things, because alot of guys think that they don't have a chance. So no one takes a chance.

Take a chance. Just be yourself.

19. Flanders

Flanders

Oct 30, 2002
    Reno, NV
    Offer her some candy or ice cream and see if she wants to go for a ride in your windowless black van with no door handles on the inside...

20. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Here's my advice. Walk up quietly behind her, then without saying a word, run your finger lightly up against her crack. She'll probably smack you, but at least she'll know who you are!