Ok, I need help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by page, Jan 13, 2005.

1. ask her to marry you.

Why not skip the dating process?

that is what I did.

The world needs more crazy freaks like me :D

honestly though... this is true

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    LMAO!

:D

3. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Geez, you guys. :D

A guy asks for some simple advice and you either...

a.) joke around, or
    b.) your serious, in which case you are either sick, or single. :D

However, some guys can get away with some of that advice, believe it or not. Not that I would know from personal experience.

4. Hey I gave serious advice... I am seriously engaged and did what I said

5. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Quit whining, emo boy.

6. That's just as bad as gettin a wedgie :eyebrow:

Anyway some good advice here jokes aside but just talk to her like you talk to your mates and go with the flow

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    OK, look. Let her catch you staring at her, then, lick your lips. Or better, lick your eyebrows. They can't resist it.

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    You should do that to the guy at guitar center who pissed you off the other day. :)

9. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Word up! :eek:

10. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

Establish eye contact and walk over to her without breaking it. Then take a glance at her and find anything that can be made fun of (hair, clothes, makeup, whatever, etc...) and open up with a light insult. Something a bit cocky and a bit funny, but maintain the balance between the two because you want to be seen as confident, not an ass. Excellent ice breaker.

I know it sounds stupid to insult a girl you like, but chicks dig confidence and nothing screams confidence than being able to walk up to her and make fun of her. It took me a while to figure this out, but it works.

11. And If insulting her doesn't work, try hitting her with spitballs, Walking behind her and stepping on the back of her shoes, kicking her loseleaf down the stairs, and trap her in the bathroom while you and your friends give her a "swirly" :D :D :D

Sorry I coulden't help my self.

Really, Why don't you pick one single flower (not a red rose) A daisy or lily (simple). Before class starts, Just walk up to her, give her a big smile, place the flower on her desk, and go sit down at your desk with out saying a word.

She will either look back at you and smile (go find her at lunch/after class and talk to her) Or she will think you a strange (Still go talk to her you've got her attention)

Either way tell her that you noticed that she was a new student and you wanted to make her feel welcome. Ask her if you can take her to some of the local sights/hangouts to "introduce her to her new town"

I did this with a german exchange student while I was in high school. For high school she was a 10+++ every one was scared to talk to her. Grade AAA prime St Pauli Girl. Guess who got her screaming "Auchtung baby" !!!!!!

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Here we have a man who's seen one too many Tom Cruise movies.

:p

brad cook

13. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yup. It's true.

Especially if she's new in town, and you're not, You can approach it as just that - maybe she doesn't know her way around, or places to go; things to do.

When I think back on my younger days (back in the seventies), I think to myself that young guys are always worried about physical things like all the time thinking 'when is exact perfect time / manner / opportunity - whatever - to touch her hand or put my arm around her', or (worse) thinking of little comments or immuendos or whatever to gauge 'how much she likes you', or lame physical- / sexual-related little jokes or hints or whatever (super-lame, dude!). That's the kind of stuff that not only screws you all up and makes you awkward (that's putting it nicely - it makes you an idiot, really), but sabotages hopes of a reasonably REAL relationship!

What's cool and REAL is to be straight to her about things like the 'I noticed you're new here, and see you in class, and find myself thinking about you, so I thought I'd introduce myself' kind of thing (I didn't exactly compose that masterfully - I'm kind of in a hurry to get over and start getting stuff together to load up for the gig tonight).

Once you get together with her, quit thinking about strategies to touch her!! (I of course understand that you can't stop thinking ABOUT touching her - wha', d'ya think I'm nuts? I'm saying don't strategize about it all the time!) Just don't forget to do all the gentlemanly things, like for her comfort - be attentive, open doors for her, be aware if she's uncomfortable or somehow tired or cold or something, but don't put her on the 'physical defensive'. Don't give ANY hint of 'stratigizing' thing! Be a gentleman; and if it's actually a DATE, don't be like "so, what do you want to do?" be in control - you're the host, and she's your very special guest.

Whatever your moral scruples are - even if you have intimate designs on her or whatever - it always works best if you give NO SIGN of it AT ALL for a while! Oh - and here's another related and very imprtant thing: this thing about "a goodnight kiss" is blown way out of proportion - on a first date, JUST FORGET IT - maybe the second or third even; it's so awkward, especially if you're young, and the last thing you need is to finish-off of pretty successful evening with a big, awkward, uncomfortable scene. She will not think worse of you if you don't kiss her, and in MOST cases it's BETTER to NOT. I'm tellin' ya, Man.

Oh - and with chance meetings or phone calls or casual things like that: DON'T AWKWARDLY HANG AROUND! Make it pleasant and casual and concise - don't 'hang around'! YOU be the one to say "Oh - time's flyin' here - I gotta run, but let's get together soon, huh?"

My last advice is to certainly give it a try - I mean go introduce yourself at least. Just make sure it isn't one of these rediculous situations like where you're standing with a group of friends, and the whole group's attention is toward her as they're urging you ahead to go over to her, and then observing you two as you approach... egads! Don't have anyone else involved - even when you approach to meet her for the first time, anyone casually observing should not be able to tell - it should just look like you're aquantences that have met before.

Oh, man now I'm really running late. I guess I'm in 'mentor mode' because those days for me are over, and when I think back to school days: I really made things stupidly awkward with 'strategizing'.

Good luck.

Joe

14. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    No kidding. That was hilarious.

I knew a guy who was a master: this guy actually did the wink-wink while making like a click-click noise with his tounge, and making sort of a pistol motion with his index finger and thumb - know what I mean?

Women fell all over this guy. A certain KIND of woman, of course, but he could spot this kind of woman with great precision.

Joe

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    What's wrong with that? :bag:

Here's lookin' at you, kid.

brad cook

16. Thanks for the help guys. Im gonna introduce myself to her on Tuesday, when i see her next. Im not so nervous now, I caught her staring at me twice yesterday , which is good i think . She was looking at me and i turned and saw her and she smiled.

Oh and by the way The Qintar almost made me piss my self. :D

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    He has a stare that can do that too.

brad cook

18. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    my vote for post of the week.

btw Q baby, where do you get your nails done? ;)

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hey ... that's how I got my first wife. Didn't work out.

20. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

Indeed.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021