1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ok i ordered my first bass;D WOOOHo^^

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Demon, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    So anyway i need some help:) as usual hehe, sry^^
    first question, Ive sadly got no cash for an amplifier, so im gonna use the computer and its speakers as an amp, so what kind of contact do i need to do that? Probably need some kinda converter to make it fit in the computer heehe
    Second, will the strings be strung and that stuff when i get it or do i need to do it myself? Any links in that case?

2. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    most basses(probably all) will come with strings.
    as for the pc thing, i think you could plug it into a line in or a microphone port and then you should be able to hear it through your pc speakers(it wont be very good).

3. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    You also have to go into like volume/sound options and turn sound of for line in/mic, because usually it's off. But you'll need a 1/4 to 1/8 converter to plug it into your computer. I suspect you'd be able to find those at Radio Shack.

What kind of bass is it, anyway?

4. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Okay, thanks. Its a BC Rich Warlock Bronce^^ Hope its decent:D Do you mean i should turn it ON? anyway, ill see if i can find a converter:)

5. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Can you be more specific for what kind of contact to look for? I have no clue what to look for:/ Also, will it be tuned already? Or any guide how to do that, thats what imeant, not strung sorry:)

6. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Anyone?

7. Go to Radio Shack tell them you need mono 1/4" or phono to stereo mini or 1/8" adapter. Your 1/4" end needs to be female. You will need a 1/4" instrument cable as well to go from your bass to the adapted input on your computer.

8. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Dang thats complicated, and i doubt theres radio shack in sweden lol. Anyway i had hope that i could buy it from Clas Ohlson, an electronics shop in sweden, they have all types of cables and such, but can you name the cable? Or maybe check the site http://www.clasohlson.com/ theres different languages at the bottom, just click the english flag.

9. Something like this
    [​IMG]

10. or this
    [​IMG]

11. OnlyMe

OnlyMe

Feb 16, 2006
    Kontich / Belgium
    Just ask for an adapter that goes from a regular jack to a small jack. The second pic by Mr-Wunderful is a very common style one. Should be available in any good audio shop.

12. Schwaa

Schwaa

Feb 25, 2006
    Yeah, I got one like the second pic($3), but I like the one with wire in it.

I'm playing thru my PC right now too, get to use my new amp next week :D :D
    :hyper:

My speakers are all right so it's OK at low volume(have bass kicker) but there are no adjustments except for what's on my bass.

13. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Well what I mean by that is this: when you plug in, say, a mic to your computer and started talking, you won't be able to hear what your voice sounds through the speaker. You can if you go into like sound options, and then unmute where it says "line in" (since it's usually muted). I hope that clears things up.