Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ok, I want to get this straight (Ex Series)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Crunka, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Crunka

Crunka

Mar 11, 2006
    Stockton, Ca
    So I have a '93 Ibanez EX Series and the pick up wiring is messed up, I need some help fixing it. I think I can do it manually (I've got the tools). Here's a pic[​IMG]

2. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    The yellow wire towards the top of the picture goes to the middle lug of the middle pot. The black wire at the bottom right goes to the back of the pot it's next to. The yellow wire at the bottom left goes to the back of the nearest pot. The black wire in the middle should go to the back of one of the volume pots. The free end of the green cap needs to go to the middle lug on the leftmost pot. You're missing a ground on your output jack. Solder a wire from the back of the leftmost pot to the shield treminal on the output jack (the terminal that already has solder on it).

EDIT: Maybe you're not missing that last ground... I can't see it clearly in the pic. Make sure the shield on that grey wire is soldered to the the proper terminal.

Anyway, this thing is pretty sloppy and the ground is daisy-chained all over the place. Given that the wiring is pretty messed up already, I'd desolder everything and start from scratch. Your choice... the directions above should get you going.

3. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    So, did you manage to get this working?

4. Crunka

Crunka

Mar 11, 2006
    Stockton, Ca
    I'm afraid to mess it up so I'll take it to a professional, thanks anyway.