1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OK, I'll ask this AGAIN...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slinginsix, Mar 9, 2008.

1. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    Ibanez SR or SRX??????:confused:

2. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    haha +1

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Yes.

4. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    no

5. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    You will probably get more responses if you give some more information.

The more you give us, the more we can give you! :)

What are you looking for? What kind of sound do you want? Features? Looks? No of strings?

6. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    I'm looking for a 5r, with lots of modern growl, warmth and punch. I played an SRX595 and was actually quite impressed...it killed a Peavey Grind and Schecter Stilleto custom 5...but the SR505 has the barts....oh what a quandery..

7. ATK

8. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    I sold the Moduli, didn't like it..

9. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Do you prefer meaty or thin necks?

10. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    I prefer slim with the turned up grin...hayyall!!

11. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    :eyebrow:

12. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    Seriously, I like thin, fast necks, wherebye I'm looking at Ibanez, Spector Legend, MM, and G&L, but I can't find G&L around here.

13. Thin fast necks?

Sterling.

14. jtallent

jtallent

Sep 15, 2007
    Mantua, NJ
    thin and fast makes me think of ... Pedulla!

15. Curtybob

Curtybob

Jun 2, 2007
    Jackson, MO
    So my answer wasn't good enough for you? Fine then. :bawl:

:D :p

You could've at least tried bumping the other thread where you asked this.

16. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    It's difficult to answer because it all depends to personal preferences. The necks are pretty much similar in width (so either way you'd end up with a fast thin neck). The sound is different - and this comes the difference: to me the SR(500) is far superior to a SRX. It's capable of crystal clear notes (piano like), but overall the bass has a very powerful tone, with tremendous mids. It cuts through the mix like a blade (IMO the SRX doesn't), but on the other hand it's a little tricky to make it blend very well. The SRX can be considered the Ibanez version of a MM (however, the sound is nowhere near a MM's). I've seen a few that had fabrication flaws (from sharp frets to loose electronics and poor fitted knobs) and the finish looks (it feels like the bass is laminated in plastic). The SR has more quality components, good wood and better craftmanship. To me the SR is a bass that well deserves the price - I can't say the same about the SRX - but keep in mind that many others like them a lot, so really it depends on what you're looking in a bass.

The best advice I can give you is to test them both and buy the one you like the best. Don't base your purchase on ppl's reviews, go in the store and actually pick them up and play 'em. They are and sound different.

17. I like wings.

18. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    510DAYY3BFL._AA280_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.

Really :confused:

19. Neener

Neener Grumpy Old Dog

Feb 25, 2007
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    :eek:

20. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    WHY?

You just asked the same question yesterday. Use some common sense and keep track of the threads you start. If your panties are in a bunch because you haven't gotten many replies, then just bump the thread. Don't start duplicates.