1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

OK, I'm gonna do eet. Help with new cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fawkes007, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Fawkes007

Fawkes007

Sep 13, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Fellow bassists,

While I love my Ashdown 2x10's, I live three flights up and they weigh 65 pounds each. I am running an ABM 500 with them. I am tired of not wanting to move these cabs and renting the rehearsal studio bass amp, which sucks. I play in two bands, both with loud guitar players (Marshall 4x12 half stacks) and drummers.

I have plenty of volume with the 2-2x10's, just want something lighter, more compact with as much volume. Also, something that might give me more of a modern voice than the Ashdhown cabs provide.

Anywho, I am thinking of alternatives. I am leaning towards 2-12's. The thing is, which ones?

Here are my choices:

2-Bergie 12's (HT and EX) or

2-1x12 Schroeders or

1212 Schroeder (4 ohm version)

Have any of you used these cabs in a rock and roll setting (both bands play a lot of Roth era Van Halen, to give you an idea)? I play 4 string, so I am not concerned about reproducing a low B (yet, though that may change in the future). Am I dreaming that 2-12's will give me the volume I need? Should I just hire a roadie?

Thanks!

2. I would go with the Bergantinos. They are killer cabs.