Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ok need some Imputs on this one

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by johnm0187, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Ok i Have $220 on a new bass because my old peavey fury is messed up. I want an active bass and i was looking for them and i found a cheap one for $218 with shipping. This is a brand new bass.
    For a picture and info go here
    http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=53

should i get this or do you have any other suggestions

peace
    john

2. Hartke makes basses!?!?

I'd recommend an Essex from Rondo music also. I've got the 62 jazz reissue and it just plain rocks, especially for the price.

3. didnt hartke basses have aluminum necks?

4. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    Not that I know of, I think they just started making basses, but what do I know, I'm just an idiot.

Anywho, I say go with Essex, those are THE most bang for your buck! But, again, what do I know, I'm just an idiot.

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    The higher-end Hartke basses had an aluminum core neck, I believe. Haven't heard much about em, though they have been out for a few years now.

6. AlexK

AlexK

Apr 10, 2001
    I've owned a hartke AK-4 for more than two years now. It is a good bass, especially for the price (I paid $330 for it at a local music store, so $218 is a great deal). The only problem I have with mine is that the pots are scratchy. Everything else works great.