Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ok, not funny. it sucks, but i love it

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Borknagar, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Borknagar

Borknagar

Feb 3, 2003
    Norway, Oslo
    Ok im pretty new, cuple of weeks ago i was at a local bass shop and played an old uced Fender squier pressision bass 5 string.
    its the most comferteble bass i ever played, the neck was really broad and the whole bass was like huge.'¨

Anyone out there got a tip for a Broad Big 5 string bass with a good heavy weight?

2. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Dont laugh, I have been playing for a while and played one of those at a music store. I must say that neck felt comfortable. It played like s**t, but it felt comforatble.

If you like the feel of the neck on that Squire, check out a Lakland Skyline 55-01. They go for about 500-600 used. The Skylines are Laklnds imported bass line, they are made in Korea. Very great basses at a great price.

I play a 55-94. This is the American made big brother to the 55-01. The 55-01 is made to the specs as the 55-94. Only major difference is electronics and were it was made. The 55-01 are still great basses.

Check them out!

www.lakland.com