Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OK...Now it's time for someone to put this bass up for sale...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by moorebass, May 22, 2005.

1. moorebass

moorebass Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Oklahoma City, OK
    http://www.fbass.com/images/bn5-burl-top-full-57-2.jpg

Why?

Because I just ordered one similar to it from Bass Central.

I present the evidence:

1) 1999 - Ordered a Demeter VTBP-201s preamp from Bass Central. They were widely available used before I had the funds to buy one. As soon as I got the cash, the used market dried up. I'm talking about a 3-4 week period I did not see a single one for sale on the net. I purchased through Bass Central, and the next week there were 3 for sale on eBay.

2) 2001 - Purchased a MTD 535 Norm Stockton finish from Bass Central after seeing one on their site that they had sold the month before. 1 year wait for bass to be completed. Fast forward one week. The original bass I had seen on Bass Central's website that had piqued my interest went up for auction on eBay.

3) 2005 - Purchased Bergantino mini-stack from BC. HT112 and EX112. The very next week a mint condition HT112 and EX112 were up for sale in the TalkBass classifieds for a killer price.

Don't get me wrong. I love dealing with Bass Central. Beaver and crew are wonderful people, and several times Beaver has gone ABOVE and BEYOND in his customer service. I can't say enough good things about them. It just seems like I have some weird used gear karma or something.

Has this happened to anyone else?

2. :eek:
    That bass be SMOKING HOT! :hyper:
    Lets hear some audio when you get that baby!!! :cool:

heres my experience...

During my search for Grabber basses, this happend many times.

Way back when, I spent ages trying to convince my parents and sucking it up doing chores etc, that I needed a new bass, and they'd be paid back, etc. The market for the G3's in the UK was pretty good at this time.
    Fast forward. I finally have the cash. Not a single G3 in sight.
    Suddenly, a Grabber pops up. BOUGHT!

A few more G3's come on the Bay, and I scream. several good condition etc. arrgh. Since I'd used all my own cash for the Grabber, I had a go again at trying to get a G3... Not such luck.

Fast forward again. i've saved and saved.. yet.. nothing. Zilch. Havent seen a G3 in months.
    hold on! this looks amazing! AND OHSC! little did i reliase the *ahem* state of the bass when I put all my hard earned cash down on it... still love both my basses tho!

Typically, as I was saving for my trace amp... guess what comes around? yup. G3s. arrr! :D

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I have a sick one. I had $1200. I waited 2 weeks for a cool bass, and after no luck, I bought a Modulus Q5 for 1150.00. 2 days later, I found a Sadowsky Tokyo on the Dudepit board for 1175.00! :mad: