Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ok ok, i'll do it too

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by merlin, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Ok ok, its become a bit of a tradition here so i figured i should be apart of it too.

My band played its first live show on Saturday (today is monday) and it went off without a hitch. Only one mistake but no-one noticed it. We have another show this friday.

Its quite odd, we were all really really nervous on the way to the show, but as soon as we walked into the door and began to unload we were fine.

odd

;)

Merls

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You know WHY your gig was uneventfull..? No mullet. Iffin you got a Mullet, you'd have all sorts of adventures...

3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i'm gonna have to agree with brenden, mullets always make things more eventful. i bet you would of gotten tons of ladies after the show too. Well theres still time go shave the top and sides right away.

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    what´s with brendan and the mullets?

maybe HE is the one who wants one... :D

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    AHG!...uh...uh...uh..."Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"...yeah...that's the ticket...

:D

6. I reckon! here SIZE=4]HE[/SIZE] is calling me a closest mullet when it is obvious he is trying to shift the focus off of him to me. lol

Wonder if there is a Mullets Anonymous, although they wouldn't be very discreet would they?

"hi my name is Brendan and i have had bad thoughts about getting a mullet, as you can see i have started growing mine.."

JT: "We Feel your pain, group hug!?"

:D:D

Merls

7. lol:D

8. My band played its second show on friday. One thing which is really annoying me now is sound guys. We had no fold backs for this gig, dunno why, they just weren't supplied, We stuffed a few songs in our set list up because the drummer just couldn't hear anything. I could barely hear the vocals, only heard what was bouncing off the back wall.

On our first show the sound techie just wouldn't leave the faders alone, so many of the bands inc. mine had the sound cut out, then too much gain so a huge Woooooo! could be heard. BAD! and these people should have experience at doing this! Esp the guy on friday!

:mad:

Shocking.

Merls

9. Hey, Im also growning my hair out, maybe to a mullet, who knows! ;)

10. what did you guys play?

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    you'll be feelin' my pain, alright. next person to insinuate that i have a mullet's gonna be feelin' it direct from my boot for a while. :mad:

btw, congrats on the gig. :D

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

But if they're not playing about with the faders then nobody would notice them! :rolleyes:

Welcome to the real world! :D

13. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    [brockman]
    Mullets in denial: Film at eleven!
    [/brockman]

:p

14. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    My daughter is growing a mullet. It's just growing in that way. My wife is so embarrassed. She looks "straight out the trailer."

15. mullet is such a string word use the fench version mulle^:D

16. *holds up hands* Did i say that mullets were bad JT? nu ahh

But i forgive you. lol Hug? lol

:eek:

Yes the shows, despite myself and band members complaining we were well recieved. Someone did a review of our gig on the radio two nights after and as quoted:

"Random Chaos, was their second show, first time i had seen them, i thought they were quite good..[interuption by other announcer]

"Good? i saw them for the Fury cd launch, they were quite Brilliant i thought"

ahh ya see its hard being a star. :rolleyes:

Merls

17. Ah stop braggin, merls.

Congrats, but stop bragging. :D:p

Damn.
    I needa join a new band outside of school and go gig around town. Maybe I'll get a good review or 2. But I don't listen to the radio or read the paper, nor do I have too much interest in the news on TV.
    Damn.

I'd have to hear about myself through my friends, then. :p

18. JT. You kinda DO have a mohawk mullet.

19. If it makes anyone feel better about their hair, my hairstyle has been in my family for generations shure it looks allot better then a mullet or a pony tail/mohawk, but it is old and genetic.

20. Now you've gone and said it!

:eek: *Runs!*

Merls