1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ok parents... Need an outside opinion.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MakiSupaStar, May 10, 2010.

1. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    So my six year old boy who is in first grade has become a master of the armpit fart. He's so good he's starting to play it like some kind of dysfunctional trumpet. Anyway, he's a huge fan of the show Phineas and Ferb and wants to perform the song in his school talent show. If you know the theme song there's a part that goes 'boom-chicka-bow-wow' or something like that. He wants to perform the song where that part cuts out and is replaced by the sound of his armpit farts.

Personally I think the idea is hilarious and I'm ready to send in the sign up sheet for him. He's aware that it's in front of the whole school and still thinks it will be fun. So before I send him off to go conquer the world one armpit fart at a time, I need to get some other parent opinions. Do you guys see any problem with this? Could he get in trouble for it?

2. Genetics is some crazy ****.

My sister in law is 10, and she lives with us, so I have some insight on the matter: Let your kid be weird. Laila walked around the grocery store with a fake mustache and another fake mustache connecting her eyebrows.
    laila.

3. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    If he thinks it's cool, let him do it. Then as a good dad, film it & razz him about it forever. Be sure to show it to his girlfriends when he is in High School. Then HIS kids!

4. You should be supportive of his creativity and let him do this. But I am 21 and not a father so what do I know?

5. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Clearly, you don't have a problem with it. So since he wants to do it, I'd seek clearance from the school. They might not want him to do it. They might say it's not the type of talent they want to showcase.

If they say no, then the onus is off of you. ("Sorry son. I'd have let you do it, but the school said 'No'.") And if they say it's okay, then let him do it. But I'd probably ask him again if he really wants to do it.

6. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Tell him he can only if he follows it up with a real one.

7. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    Heck yeah, I say let him do it!

8. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Most appropriate thing that could have been said.

9. The only problem there is, under pressue, on stage. Could get messy.

:bag:

10. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Go for it. Got to be worth $ on AFV. :hyper:

11. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Well...considering my oldest son went to school one time dressed as Gandhi, I say let him do it! The only foreseeable problem that I can think of, is if there's that one prude (every school has one) who will decide to be offended instead of laughing and enjoying it like everyone else.

12. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    +1e10

This is the only way to do it. More power to him if he has teh cajones to pull this off.

As sure as the sun will rise.

13. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    I may get beat up for saying this, but I have a 2 and 4 year old so I know about P&F. I love that show. Its hilarious. Let him do it.

14. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    not only should you let him do it.....you should film it and put a clip up on the net so we can see it

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    The simple solution to this is to run it by the people in charge.

bc

16. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    Bah! If you do that the kid will never properly learn how to "fight the power" or "stick it to The Man".

17. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Yeah, but it seems that youngsters who do not overly "fight the power" or "stick it to The Man" tend to learn to do their dishes and wash their own clothes.

:p

18. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    As a father of three with kids in California schools, I say let him do it. Just make sure he's not wearing a t-shirt with an American flag on it, now that would be controversial. :atoz:

19. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    Nah, you just have to tell them that they're doing "rebel" dishes in support of the "revolution" and that washing their clothes gets the stink of opression off of them ;)

20. ausf

ausf

Jun 24, 2008
    New York
    I'd run by the school without him knowing it just to be safe.

No reason to blow the kid's self esteem at six because some humorless school official gets in his face over this. As far as being rebellious, he'll have plenty of time to do that later. It's easy to say 'stick it to the man', but you're the man for next few years.

I think it's fine, but ultimately he'll be the one paying the price, so it couldn't hurt to check.