1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ok parents... Need an outside opinion.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MakiSupaStar, May 10, 2010.

1. Hugh9191

Hugh9191

Feb 20, 2009
    I say do it. It'll be epic!

2. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    There is nothing worth doing that's not worth doing well!

3. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    Definitely support him, but you need to run it by the administration/teachers. The elementary talent show in my district (which as hs choral director I'm often roped in to judging) is by audition. This year there were 42 acts, of which about 20 were accepted. If I was running it, I'd laugh hysterically at it, and give huge props for the armpit fart skills, but it wouldn't be appropriate for the way the talent shows are in my district (if it were a comedy show, maybe) and if it was let in, the administration would have a fit. Even if he doesn't do the talent show, you need to video it and share, Maki!

4. Meatbass

Meatbass

Apr 30, 2010
    Frazier Park, CA
    Do it!

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I was thinking maybe just a bit of vaseline around the pit's circumfrence.

6. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I just don't know about having a kid walk out onstage with a tub of Vaseline or a bottle of hand lotion. My perv alarm just starts screaming.

It would be idea to apply something before the event, but it's going to be really messy before things really get rolling IMHO. I'm thinkin you'd have you put a wad of something in your hand right at the moment you cup hand to pit. Still messy, but it doesn't give anything away.

7. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001

I don't know man, trying to push a kid toward performance enhancing chemicals when he's only competing at the amateur level? That just seems so wrong....

8. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Go for it, sounds like harmless hijinks.

9. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Ok guys so an update. Talked to his teacher and talked to the principal both laughed at me and said no. :meh:

10. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    You should send an administrator a ranty email about the school stifling your kids' creativity.

11. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California

this. And send both of the naysayers little plastic baggies full of flour in the mail, with little notes inside saying "please enjoy your anthrax"

12. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Booooooooooo!!!!! :mad:

13. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    That stinks.

Time to play the race card . . . unless you have incriminating pictures of the principal.

14. DeluxeRed

DeluxeRed

Jun 2, 2009
    That's what you get for asking. You'll know better next time.

No one ever says "yes" anymore. It is so much easier to go through life saying "no". Nice, safe, and...BORING!

15. Of COURSE they did. They have to. School is serious business. This is the way these things have always gone, throughout history.

What happens now is that you guys say "okay, I understand.". Then sign up for the show with a conventional, more socially acceptable routine.

Then, as soon as the stage lights hit him......the armpit farts.

THAT IS HOW IT'S ALWAYS BEEN DONE AND ALWAYS MUST BE DONE

elvis_costello12-17-1977-snl-radio_radio001.

16. billjr

billjr

Jul 25, 2006
    Darlington, SC