1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OK: regarding Iron Maiden Fandom...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IconBasser, Mar 12, 2008.

1. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    ya know, to be basely truthful, I really can't stand Iron Maiden.

Their music is very generic, in that most of their songs are either based off of pentatonic and dorian scales. That simply bugs the hell outta me.

also: Dickinson's voice is ANNOYING as hell!

2. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    I used to listen to them constantly but soon got burned out. Good stuff though, but you only need like three albums, although I have 11.

I don't think I'd pay to go see them in concert...

3. Jonny B

Jonny B

Nov 5, 2006
    WI
    That's just crazy talk. :eek:

4. I don't like them in the least, and have been known to make fun of friends who do like them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, though. :)

It's just that some opinions are more wrong that others. :bag:

5. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    I'm taking my 11-year-old to see them when they come to Irvine Meadows. His favorite group, his first concert. I'm hoping seeing Steve Harris live will inspire him to pick up a bass. :hyper:

6. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    :atoz:

7. I agree with Ben, I like metal, but I just have never been able to dig their music.

lowsound

8. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
  9. And your an ***hole, IMHO.

10. For not liking the same kind of music as you, sounds like something a 14 year old would say...oh wait.

lowsound

11. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    Have you ever heard "Brave New World." I've never been a maiden fan. Great voice, but he seems to sing the same on every song to me. This album was really good, I mean every song killed. I played it for an older friend of mine in his sixities and he even wanted a copy.

12. Hay, i'm 15 now.

13. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Our little boy is all grown up!

14. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    WICKED

15. I used to be a big fan but I listened to them too much over a period of about 12 years so now I have become desensitized to the music :(

I guess nothing lasts forever.

16. I'm not a fan either. :( But I like Steve Harris. :) What do I get? A number or what?

Russ

17. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

motivator5657528.

In all seriousness, Iron Maiden isn't my favorite band, but they're alright in my books. That said, where are these mystical Iron Maiden "fanboiz"? I've never seen anyone competing over who's the biggest Iron Maiden fan. :confused:

18. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Nah, I'll pass on 'em. Not a fan.

I don't mind when their songs are played on video games like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, but other than that I really don't think you'd find me listening to them.

19. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I'm from the school of 'to each, his own' but why start a thread like this? So you don't like Iron Maiden, fine but where does it end? You gonna start a Jaco sucks thread now? :rollno: