1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ok.. ridiculous cold...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IconBasser, Feb 19, 2008.

1. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    so yesterday, I woke up like any normal day, and WHAM!!! I regained consciousness to a cold of epic proportions. This thing hit me like a freight train. No pre-emptive attack, no warning. Both sinus cavities completely blocked, no air moving in or out. chest full of phlegm, throat burning to the point that I thought I would bleed if I kept coughing. Systematic headaches, delerium, dizziness, I feel as if God decided that I needed a smiting...

and to top it all off, for some reason it's making me urinate every half an hour. Please explain this one...

*UUUUGGGHHHHH* I'm gonna go die... be back in an hour.

2. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    A similar thing has been happening to me, although somewhat frequently and less severely. Generally when it happens, I'll wake up feeling just fine, then I'll just suddenly start feeling dizzy, nauseated, and extremely congested at about 9:15 with no warning whatsoever. It's happened to me 3 or 4 times this winter

3. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Should have bought that bass you were GASSING for.
    Haven't had a cold in 5 years.

4. IconBasser

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    ... and how long do they last?

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Could be the flu, Icon. It hits very suddenly like that. Colds tend to come on more slowly.
    Do you have a fever?

bc

6. This is a sign, xenu is coming.

lowsound

7. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    Usually 1-2 days

8. Lalabadie

Lalabadie Guest

Jan 11, 2007
    Flu hits within 24 hours. I got it last monday. I woke up perfectly fine and got to bed the same day with my whole body aching.

I'm in the end of it now, my sinuses are full of water, instead.:confused:

9. FunkyFrosty

FunkyFrosty

May 28, 2006
    Ontario
    Take my advice - Vitamin C and Zinc every day - you'll never get sick.....

10. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    I felt that way once. It took me out for two weeks. The first week I thought it was a severe cold, and the second week we found out it was bronchitis.

The worst part was hearing the phlem when I was trying to sleep. It kept me up for whole nights.

11. IconBasser

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    ugghhhhh... I dearly hope this subsides within the next day or so...

*update* now my ear canals feel like somebody's been scouring them with pumice... ow...

12. I know someone who had the same thing when she lived in saudi arabia, It was about 44C (111F)

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Also, bury a nickel under a pine bough during a full moon to get rid of warts.

bc

14. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Lol!

hes a chargin his thetans.