1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ok so I applied the epoxy ?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by benchpress11782, May 10, 2010.

1. benchpress11782

benchpress11782 Supporting Member

May 23, 2007
    Hey guys. So I applied the epoxy. 3 coats so far and lookin good. Prob could use a light sanding. Should I, and what size paper? 220? Or should i wait till the end? Just ordered myself a sanding block to make sure it is done right. How many coats of epoxy u guys think? Thanks tb.

2. benchpress11782

benchpress11782 Supporting Member

May 23, 2007
    Oops sorry. It is for a defret project I am doing. Will a standered 9.5 sanding block work for a six string? ThanKs

3. Jools4001

Jools4001 Supporting Member

It will if a standard 9.5" radius is what you want. That seems very tight to me for a sixer, I'd be more likely to think in terms of 16" or more, but then I like flatter fingerboards anyway.

The only way to really get a good match is to get a radius block the same radius as your existing board

4. JLS

JLS

Sep 12, 2008
    Emeryville, Ca
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    You should have sanded in between coats of epoxy. A radius block isn't necessary, but helpful. I hope you don't have adhesion problems between the coats of epoxy--did you follow the directions in re: how long between coats?